Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fairness I think a cup for us would have a greater effect on us than it would for example a constantly struggling Birmingham who you would expect to be up and down between the leagues.

I don´t think citing where they are now despite their cup win really has much bearing on what it will do for us as a club.

It may not be enough to keep all our coveted stars but I´m pretty certain it would have a very positive effect.

We've either got a quality squad that is underperforming, or a poor squad performing to their level. Either way over the course of a season the blame sits with the manager. Those trying to construct some illogical mind puzzle where every outcome absolves Martinez of any blame but gives him credit for anything good are being silly.

My own view? The squad has great players capable of winning any game at any time. Credit to the manager for putting them together. They could easily win a cup, if they do credit to the manager for bringing those players in. Abysmal coaching, fitness, selection, man management and tactics have resulted in a botched league campaign though. The manager must take the blame for this.

No. They are currently top, but a lot of teams have been in the top 4 until Feb, March even April, but year after year they fall away and the usual suspects take the champions league spots.

Leicester, at the moment, have achieved nothing.

Fairly sure they've achieved 47 points from 23 league games mate.

No we wouldn't

We'd fume that they won a cup and we didn't

Or have you forgotten when they spawned a win over Cardiff? Or when they beat West Ham in 2006? Or Istanbul?

Fume everywhere, because cups still mean something

When they won the League cup will be honest mate it didn't arse me one little bit, it's a joke cup - always has been and always will be - unless seemingly it looks like we are winning it ofc then it becomes boss...

Yeah it was just like them winning the most prestigious domestic cup in football or the most prestigious cup in world football, dont be daft mikey, ofc the other two results caused fume as to be expected and comparing them to a win over Cardiff in the LC is like comparing gold to a polished turd

not for me.

Howard out and the squad updated further in the summer. I still think he can see this out and kick us on.

In an ideal world mate. But seen an article a few days ago saying can we really refuse selling Stones or Lukaku in the summer if they come in with a big bid? What kind of message would it send out to the youngsters and players joining.

However, unless he gets hoof of Howard and learns to be flexible with his tactics we're not going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back