Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's absolutely unbelievable how some of our fan base can't be arsed with winning a cup
Bizarre. Then to accuse others of lacking ambition while doing it too...

Errrm you what?

How have i said i am not arsed about winning a cup?

I've said accepting utter dross week in week out in the league because we win a cup is pathetic, IF Liverpool fans started saying that they'd accept 10-16th in the league as long as they won the milk cup we'd laugh our arses off at them and rightly so, do i want to see us win it - of course i do, do i want it to be a nice convenient excuse for why we have sucked balls this year and defensively are a utter shambles - nah think i will leave that to you both

Whats Latin for 'nothing but 10th and a league cup final is good enough'

Leicester this season have utterly blown away that glass ceiling and shown it for exactly what it is, an excuse used by managers and players for not performing.

by the end of this season 5 of the last 10 finalists in this cup could very well end up being in the lower divisions btw, bet they all had the same thinking

Errrm you what?

I've said accepting utter dross week in week out in the league because we win a cup is pathetic, IF Liverpool fans started saying that they'd accept 10-16th in the league as long as they won the milk cup we'd laugh our arses off at them and rightly so, do i want to see us win it - of course i do, do i want it to be a nice convenient excuse for why we have sucked balls this year and defensively are a utter shambles - nah think i will leave that to you both

Leicester this season have utterly blown away that glass ceiling and shown it for exactly what it is, an excuse used by managers and players for not performing.

by the end of this season 5 of the last 10 finalists in this cup could very well end up being in the lower divisions btw, bet they all had the same thinking

That's just not true, is it?

Errrm you what?

What exactly have Leicester achieved to suggest the glass ceiling is a myth?

Errrm you what?

No we wouldn't

We'd fume that they won a cup and we didn't

Or have you forgotten when they spawned a win over Cardiff? Or when they beat West Ham in 2006? Or Istanbul?

Fume everywhere, because cups still mean something

You think playing attractive football that doesn't get any wins is not dross mate? Christ our expectations as a fan base has sank to a new low then.

Lets polish our most entertaining team to watch for the neutrals trophy
To me watching dross and not winning are two completely different things.

I enjoyed the way we played against Spurs, against City away. Both 0-0s.

I didnt enjoy the way we played against swansea AND we lost.

Two separate issues and have nothing to do with expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back