Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
We aren't in danger of relegation so no need for an immediate change. Better choice of candidates in the summer so waiting would be wise. Also gives the club time to draft a potential shortlist before he departs.

IMO he should be sat down and told in no uncertain terms that the situation is not good enough and that he has until the end of the season to rectify it and save his job. Minimum finish of 7th place. If he wins the league cup then top ten would be just about acceptable. Anything less and you're gone.

At that stage Lukaku Stones etc could have their minds made up after 4 months of the same crap. Getting anything from the league is done for this year.

Get a new manager in now. Give him the rest of the season to bed in, see where he needs to improve the squad and be ready for the transfer window and a proper pre season. Otherwise we lose a whole summer to the sacking hiring circus.

Some comments in this thread about Everton not being able to afford Bobby compensation package if he was fired are wide of the mark.
This club is operating in an environment in which the system is awash with money and we have never had a problem getting an immediate loan of the back of future TV money.

Lets take that excuse of the table right now.

Why cant we win a cup AND finish where this squad should be capable of doing? why does it have to be with the caveat of if we win a cup we will let the team slide on a second massively under performing season in a row?

Decline happens faster than you realise
Yep, thats my question/point as well. By saying "we're a cup team now, league position doesn't mean much", its giving the team an out. Why CAN'T they do well in the league AND the cups? Stoke are. City are. The tits across the park are ahead of us as well. Last season the excuse was 'the Europa mate, all that travel wears down the team', yet here we are with absolutely minimum travel and its still 'well, its a CUP season now!'..

You actually used Leicester as an example of how top 4 teams can fall away, they aren't sitting in 4th mate they are top, so go on what team top at this point has fallen away, if your using it as an example of what will happen you need to be honest
Don't put words in my mouth then ask me to justify them. I never said top. I never said 4th. I said top 4.

Better tell them 8000+ Blues travelling to Manchester on Wednesday not to bother then hey

They'd all say the same if Everton weren't still
In it.

It 100% is a jarg competition, doesn't mean i won't be happy if we win it.

Winning 1 jarg cup is better than winning no jarg cups

Yep, thats my question/point as well. By saying "we're a cup team now, league position doesn't mean much", its giving the team an out. Why CAN'T they do well in the league AND the cups? Stoke are. City are. The tits across the park are ahead of us as well. Last season the excuse was 'the Europa mate, all that travel wears down the team', yet here we are with absolutely minimum travel and its still 'well, its a CUP season now!'..
It's any excuse to defend the manager mate. There is always a reason to stand by him, even when leaking goals is a common occurrence with an international defence

At that stage Lukaku Stones etc could have their minds made up after 4 months of the same crap. Getting anything from the league is done for this year.

Get a new manager in now. Give him the rest of the season to bed in, see where he needs to improve the squad and be ready for the transfer window and a proper pre season. Otherwise we lose a whole summer to the sacking hiring circus.

If we dispensed now, which manager would you bring in?
I agree the league is pretty much done. I'm 90% sure Lukaku and Stones are already as good as gone though mate (as much as I wish we could hold on to them) so that's not a factor for me.

Good point about the bedding in time etc, so if there was a suitable candidate we could get now I could be swayed. Otherwise it's probably best to stick until the summer.

A red just pointed this out to be.

Since September we have only won 3 games in the league. They all happen to be the bottom 3. so since we beat west brom we have literally not been able to beat anyone except the three worst teams in the league, and even one of them was lucky.

the more you look at it the worse it gets. But a cup proves he is worth another year yeah?

Then your living in fantasy land mate, who is this team thats going to make up 11 points in the last 15 games?
Most likely would be Man Utd, they have the players to put together a good run.
I really hope Leicester manage to do it, but at this stage I'm not convinced they will

A red just pointed this out to be.

Since September we have only won 3 games in the league. They all happen to be the bottom 3. so since we beat west brom we have literally not been able to beat anyone except the three worst teams in the league, and even one of them was lucky.

the more you look at it the worse it gets. But a cup proves he is worth another year yeah?
a cup RUN. Cart/horse and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back