Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
BW I admire even your 1% optimism, but as it's over a year now since we've won two league games on the bounce I wouldn't get too excited just yet!

Not quite true. We needed to win games last March/April to stay up and we did. Going into the Newcastle game last March we were on 28 points from 28 games. Barry got a 2 match ban, so Gibson and McCarthy started their only two games together as the DMs and we won them both. We also won the next game before drawing and then winning the next two following that. This run of 3 wins, a draw and 2 wins ensured our safety. Haven't won two league games in a row since.

What a load of BOLL-CKS. Players are brought in from the youth set-up when the manager considers them ready, if they are 18 or 21. Using Barkley as an example is flawed as he was another year further on in his development when Bobby used him
Moyes won 218 out of 518. So 41% of his games.
Martinez has won 54 out of 125. So 43% of his games.

Much the better manager. Mind being better than moyes doesn't mean good enough.
That is just their EFC stats. MOYES took over a shambles, MARTINEZ took over an established top 8 team

Not quite true. We needed to win games last March/April to stay up and we did. Going into the Newcastle game last March we were on 28 points from 28 games. Barry got a 2 match ban, so Gibson and McCarthy started their only two games together as the DMs and we won them both. We also won the next game before drawing and then winning the next two following that. This run of 3 wins, a draw and 2 wins ensured our safety. Haven't won two league games in a row since.

Yes....we won five out of six and drew the other one, away to Swansea when we were leading but Seamus gave away a daft penalty.

Before that game we had beaten the Barcodes, QPR and Saints on the bounce......and after it we beat Burnkey and United.

If memory serves that was the end of it.....we lost every one of our final four or five matches :(

Apologies gents! Took something I read elsewhere as gospel, should have checked my facts first before posting! Gibbo4 is absolutely right, having said that it's still not anything to get too excited about!

Yes....we won five out if six and drew the ither one, away to Swansea when we we reading but Seamus gave away a daft penalty.

Before that game we had beaten the Barcoded, QPR and Saints on the bounce......and after it we beat Burnkey and United.

If memory serves that was the end of it.....we lost every one of our final four or five matches :(
Oh Gawd.

...and then he goes on to talk about the potential in the squad. Sorry Bobby, ur wrong. I'm not a hater, but our squad is better than Leicester's. Manure are gash and they're fifth ffs. Where as in recent seasons we have over achieved, this season we have massively under achieved against our potential. Ffs we've got the new Beckenbauer, Ronaldo and Drogba! Just like my school reports. Should. Do. Better.

Roberto says "you always have to plan..." in relation to a question about possible penalty shoot out.

Why then do we not practice defending set pieces???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back