Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where to start tonight. Osman, half fit Cleverley, slow Barry, Stones at RB, untested CB pairing, number 2 keeper, Kone for Del, all in the biggest game of the season. Crazy

Osman sound
Cleverley half fit yep but McCarthy would have been as well
CB pairing sound pickings but Jags was awful
Robles should be number 1
Lennon for Del would be acceptable as we would have kept at least some form of pace on the counter.

L O L is what tonight was.

Just like it was against Kiev in the second leg last year. Wow i'm fed up. Koff Martinez

Kiev... Anfield... Here tonight.... Home to Swansea... Down at Fulham...

Just the same old tedious crap with this bloke.

He said: "You don't mind if Manchester City find a way of being outstanding and scoring three goals but it is very difficult to find an explanation in the dressing room for the players to find a reason we have been knocked out. That is hurtful and unfair."

Hurtful and unfair. Absolutely pathetic.

Kiev... Anfield... Here tonight.... Home to Swansea... Down at Fulham...

Just the same old tedious crap with this bloke.

Hurtful and unfair. Absolutely pathetic.

I think that's part of the problem right there. I wonder how many times he's actually laid into the players for not getting the result we should have.

Sounds like he just goes in the dressing room reminding the players how fantastic they are and how it'll be alright in the end.

That double substitution was absolutely crazy

I said before the game that if kone played we'd be exposed down one side, and would lose the game. As soon as he comes on we're left with not even a right back exposed but an absolute liability of a supposed defender playing in that position. I was advocating Lennon starting to protect Coleman never mind someone protecting stones playing there - we needed a winger who tracks back but can also counter for the entire game. Apart from deulofeu who looked dangerous but should've scored his big chance, we got a mixture of cleverley, osman and kone. While a proper winger in Lennon and a proven left sided player in pienaar sat on the bench. Absolute joke

And what a surprise, as soon as we're playing a striker in a position where he has defensive responsibilities against the best attacking team in the league we suddenly get ripped apart...

not looking good is it.

lukaku Barry barkley. ever present and looking jaded.

lot of players out of form or coming back from injury.

other key players inured.

Newcastle home next up is a 6 pointer and could well be make or break.

That double substitution was absolutely crazy

I said before the game that if kone played we'd be exposed down one side, and would lose the game. As soon as he comes on we're left with not even a right back exposed but an absolute liability of a supposed defender playing in that position. I was advocating Lennon starting to protect Coleman never mind someone protecting stones playing there - we needed a winger who tracks back but can also counter for the entire game. Apart from deulofeu who looked dangerous but should've scored his big chance, we got a mixture of cleverley, osman and kone. While a proper winger in Lennon and a proven left sided player in pienaar sat on the bench. Absolute joke

And what a surprise, as soon as we're playing a striker in a position where he has defensive responsibilities against the best attacking team in the league we suddenly get ripped apart...
i dont believe you are blaming Kone for stones going to sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back