Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am of the opinion that we can't set too much store in the City defeat. I accept there was an inevitability about the game but a massive deflection and a goal from a ball which was out of play is unlucky. Given what happened with Terry 's goal you definitely cannot call Martinez a lucky manager.
I'm hopeful the board have contingency plans drawn up if they sack him, though I'm not sure I would like to bet my house on it.
He has to produce results in the FA Cup and improve our league position quickly, if he fails over the next six weeks then it would be hard to make a case for keeping him.

I am of the opinion that we can't set too much store in the City defeat. I accept there was an inevitability about the game but a massive deflection and a goal from a ball which was out of play is unlucky. Given what happened with Terry 's goal you definitely cannot call Martinez a lucky manager.
I'm hopeful the board have contingency plans drawn up if they sack him, though I'm not sure I would like to bet my house on it.
He has to produce results in the FA Cup and improve our league position quickly, if he fails over the next six weeks then it would be hard to make a case for keeping him.
That's me right there. And I'm hoping but not expecting.

Think we ought to leave it mate, we won't change their minds.

For me, as a 20 year old who obviously never saw the 80s team, I'm currently watching the best football I have ever seen played by an Everton side at times this season. Some of it has been sublime, and stuff we could never dream of a few years ago.

Our defending over the past two seasons has not been up to scratch, and that's down to a plethora of issues. But this negativity only breeds negativity around the place. Goodison is a drain at the moment.

There's a lad on twitter as well at the moment, around my age I think, making some really good points.

Then again, just seen a tweet saying 'why was Naimsith not brought on last night when you needed him...'

Play all the pretty football you want, it's a results business, RM doesn't know how to close games out, City and Chelsea to name a few

Hahaha is right. At least you wasn't terrified of Barcelona coming for Martinez a couple of seasons ago.

Did he call the other team a parasite? I honestly switched off and swerved the whole post match thing. He chats utter guff at the best of times.
It was part of an effort to convince everyone he's another Arsene Wenger.

However, Martinez was decidedly more cautious when asked which managers or teams he was referring to with his parasite comments.

He added: 'Unfortunately you get too many managers achieving success with another type of football.

'Who? I am sure you can figure it out! You can analyse teams over history, and there are parasite teams.

'Our team is as good as it could be in terms of human quality and the quality that we've got football-wise.'

This is the same fella who would go on to talk about a backs-to-the-wall 0-0 at City as though he'd just flattened George Foreman in Zaire. I really can't stand him.

It was part of an effort to convince everyone he's another Arsene Wenger.

This is the same fella who would go on to talk about a backs-to-the-wall 0-0 at City as though he'd just flattened George Foreman in Zaire. I really can't stand him.
He is a chatter of considerable pipe and for that I admire him.

He'd be ace posting on here. I reckon he would be something of a @Zatara style poster.

He is a chatter of considerable pipe and for that I admire him.

He'd be ace posting on here. I reckon he would be something of a @Zatara style poster.
:lol: I would quite like to see how far along he could blag himself in various walks of life. Wouldn't be a bad idea for web series.

One week he's directing the new Star Wars, and the next he's informing a family that the only thing left to do now is make Mum as comfortable as possible.

Who do you think Martinez would most likely manage next if he was to leave? I can't see a team lower half of the prem table or upper half of the Championship wanting him as he doesn't guarantee anything. Its a strange one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back