Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Play all the pretty football you want, it's a results business, RM doesn't know how to close games out, City and Chelsea to name a few

It was part of an effort to convince everyone he's another Arsene Wenger.

This is the same fella who would go on to talk about a backs-to-the-wall 0-0 at City as though he'd just flattened George Foreman in Zaire. I really can't stand him.

So were you not happy with a point at City? How many sides have gone there and won this season...

Play all the pretty football you want, it's a results business, RM doesn't know how to close games out, City and Chelsea to name a few

Against Chelsea, yes, we threw away a two goal lead. That should make no barring on the fact that we would still have won that game had the officials done their job. That's a fact.

City the other day, i'm sorry but what do fans want? You've got half going 'Martinez can't close games out, he needs to be more defensive' and half going 'Martinez should attack more because he knows we can't defend'.

You're again, basing it on a result that came about in no small part (not the only reason) down to a dreadful call - or lack of one - from the officials once more.

Do you see me making any excuses for our bad performances this season? No. There hasn't actually been that many of them. There's been games in which we've thrown points away late on, but by far been the better side throughout.

The two examples you have stated were against 'sky six' clubs with teams playing that cost north of £400mil on each occasion, away from home. On both occasions, the officials' incompetence played a large part.

If you're going to use examples of throwing points away, at least do it for teams we should expect to beat. Or do you expect us to be winning every game and if not then it simply isn't good enough....

Against Chelsea, yes, we threw away a two goal lead. That should make no barring on the fact that we would still have won that game had the officials done their job. That's a fact.

City the other day, i'm sorry but what do fans want? You've got half going 'Martinez can't close games out, he needs to be more defensive' and half going 'Martinez should attack more because he knows we can't defend'.

You're again, basing it on a result that came about in no small part (not the only reason) down to a dreadful call - or lack of one - from the officials once more.

Do you see me making any excuses for our bad performances this season? No. There hasn't actually been that many of them. There's been games in which we've thrown points away late on, but by far been the better side throughout.

The two examples you have stated were against 'sky six' clubs with teams playing that cost north of £400mil on each occasion, away from home. On both occasions, the officials' incompetence played a large part.

If you're going to use examples of throwing points away, at least do it for teams we should expect to beat. Or do you expect us to be winning every game and if not then it simply isn't good enough....
For points thrown away see Bournemouth, Swansea and Stoke for recent examples.
It's been an ongoing issue, I'm still trying to work out why we concede so many stupid soft goals.
It's almost as though we try to find novel ways in which to concede soft goals in every game. So many are incredibly avoidable.

Newcastle probes nothing if we do.

Stoke would be a start though

They've made some semi-decent confidence boosting signings and they're on the up mate. A win is a win over a Premier League side and would give us three points to hopefully head into the Stoke game with confidence...

By that logic, our loss to City shouldn't prove anything, or our last-gasp draw to Chelsea with a goal that shouldn't have stood? But a lot on here seem to be making out that Martinez should be losing his job over it?

Got to start with beating Carlisle, first as well. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back