Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way this fella puts up with the 1 win in 10 games we did last season.

Time for El Coco to pull up his socks and play proper talented footballers on the pitch, hence the selection of Mirallas, my sources close to the club tell me it was a personal request by Fahrad.
Lol.

At the end of the day Martinez is a mid-table manager as the graphic below shows.

21d1f2083111fc11372ae2f5c617fae2.png

Fact of the matter is, should Moshiri have ambitions of Champions League, he'll want/need a manager with at least a 55% win/loss ratio.

just to compare to other teams in the league who have consistently finished top 4 in the last few seasons see graphic below.

Wenger -
4c651798ed6e5debb7e6dca46fa7e896.png

Mourinho -
449d41654dc54b8022048c4c0f74871f.png

Pellegrini -
1a2e9c28455cb33a7ed04aedaa7ba157.png

@davek - In simple terms Roberto Martinez is not good enough should Moshiri have ambitions of champions league
Maybe measure Martinez with those managers when he has those managers level of spending. 43% win rate is right up there for us.

Think he went three at the back as he wanted to bring Niasse on in a central position with Lukaku. It was a stupid move that a good team would have punished us for.
Sorry mate but that is gunions.
What was stupid about trying a potential new formation out in a premiership game that we'd already won? It was clearly about getting Stones a few minutes in the legs and seeing what a three of Stones, Jagielka and Funes Mori might look like. Find me a Blue who hasn't thought how that might look since we signed Funes Mori.
Some people just want to have a pop at the manager, his tactics or the team in general irrespective if we win, move or draw. We weren't great last night...after 25 minutes we struggled with the fact that Viilla were so poor. We were flat in the stands too...apart from one absolute blert stood right behind me. At the end of the day 3 points was what we went for and that's exactly what we got.

At the end of the day Martinez is a mid-table manager as the graphic below shows.

21d1f2083111fc11372ae2f5c617fae2.png

Fact of the matter is, should Moshiri have ambitions of Champions League, he'll want/need a manager with at least a 55% win/loss ratio.

just to compare to other teams in the league who have consistently finished top 4 in the last few seasons see graphic below.

Wenger -
4c651798ed6e5debb7e6dca46fa7e896.png

Mourinho -
449d41654dc54b8022048c4c0f74871f.png

Pellegrini -
1a2e9c28455cb33a7ed04aedaa7ba157.png

@davek - In simple terms Roberto Martinez is not good enough should Moshiri have ambitions of champions league

I think the only fair analysis of Martinez can be conducted by stacking him up beside teams who can spunk 50 million on Raheem Sterling

The plotters getting slapped all over the place today.

Sad to see.

I fear for them if we win our next two games, I really do.

I wouldn't spend too much time worrying. We all know what this place will be like when he's contrived to get us scalped by bilic, chelsea and wenger

10 games and an FA quarter final left to justify himself in my eyes. Shame Kenwrights still around as no doubt he'll prevent Moshiri from getting rid should we finish bottom half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back