Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
10 games and an FA quarter final left to justify himself in my eyes. Shame Kenwrights still around as no doubt he'll prevent Moshiri from getting rid should we finish bottom half.

Why would he? If he ain't good enough he ain't good enough, Moshiri won't allow Kenwright to be all sentimental over, well basically nothing, besides Moshiri isn't new to football so i am pretty sure he will be able to workout for himself if Martinez is good enough or not. Martinez has to justify himself now, no financial restraints and no excuses.

If he can deliver he will stay, if he can't he will be gone.

The plotters getting slapped all over the place today.

Sad to see.

I fear for them if we win our next two games, I really do.

I just wish they could see reason and accept what's best for Everton and not their only ridiculous ends.

I don't get it. We have a manager that's reintroduced us to stylish football, bought and developed a crop of great young players, brought us to the business end of two of the three competitions we were in this season, has sorted the defence out...and still they moan and keep alive their weird fantasy of seeing him sacked.

David Moyes ladies and gents
View attachment 18770
42% is not good enough but 43% is. SMFH.

42% over 11 years compared to 43% over 3 years...

I'm not using it as an excuse to slate Moyes or big up Bobby. 43% win rate could definitely be better and above 50%, but it's still about par. Comparing 11 years to 3 (well, 2 and a half) is a bit like apples and oranges...

I just wish they could see reason and accept what's best for Everton and not their only ridiculous ends.

I don't get it. We have a manager that's reintroduced us to stylish football, bought and developed a crop of great young players, brought us to the business end of two of the three competitions we were in this season, has sorted the defence out...and still they moan and keep alive their weird fantasy of seeing him sacked.

Bet most of those wanting Martinez out dave were lads who didn't want him in the first place, so they were never going to give him a fair crack of the whip in the first place.

Bet most of those wanting Martinez out dave were lads who didn't want him in the first place, so they were never going to give him a fair crack of the whip in the first place.

I think the more reasoned 'plotters' don't fall into that category in fairness. I do think he's had a fair crack of the whip, and I think in his time here overall we've improved in an ever improving league. A league that has changed as much in the last 4 years as it did in the entirety of Moyes' tenure.

LOL at the thought of our top new owner accepting a less than 55% win rate

More likely to take his money and poop on it

I think the more reasoned 'plotters' don't fall into that category in fairness. I do think he's had a fair crack of the whip, and I think in his time here overall we've improved in an ever improving league. A league that has changed as much in the last 4 years as it did in the entirety of Moyes' tenure.

Yeah there are a few 'plotters' who are consistent with their views on Martinez, there are plenty though who are always trying to find anything just to come on here to slate him to death.

That's true. @ianefc and @daz4matty to speak of just two.

@ianefc has consistently said he would shut up completely if results improved to what they should be given the quality of the squad (amongst all the slapping of backs we're still in the bottom half). I don't really care who the manager is if he's delivering good results. People making out that there's a large group of Evertonians who want Everton to lose to be proven right about Martinez is bizarre. All Martinez has to do is keep winning and everyone will be happy. If he records successive bottom half finishes though some fans won't be. Certain posters see that as self entitlement, others as ambition.

I personally care solely only about results. I could not care less if Martinez was fired tomorrow and would not care if he was here for ten years if the results were good.

(As a side note I am now enjoying a certain irony of posters who have lectured on about the importance of being patient with young players making mistakes as we are building a team around them, to now be applauding the manager for dropping Stones and Deulofeu for Jags and Lennon because the results have improved.)

@ianefc has consistently said he would shut up completely if results improved to what they should be given the quality of the squad (amongst all the slapping of backs we're still in the bottom half). I don't really care who the manager is if he's delivering good results. People making out that there's a large group of Evertonians who want Everton to lose to be proven right about Martinez is bizarre. All Martinez has to do is keep winning and everyone will be happy. If he records successive bottom half finishes though some fans won't be. Certain posters see that as self entitlement, others as ambition.

I personally care solely only about results. I could not care less if Martinez was fired tomorrow and would not care if he was here for ten years if the results were good.

(As a side note I am now enjoying a certain irony of posters who have lectured on about the importance of being patient with young players making mistakes as we are building a team around them, to now be applauding the manager for dropping Stones and Deulofeu for Jags and Lennon because the results have improved.)

Tony Pulis is the man for you then ;)

In all seriousness, we all want the results to improve. The fact is they have been, bar one or two set backs, since the new year, as has the general defending while we are still looking to match that up with clinical attacking (and we're getting there).

yet your still saying they haven't improved/things haven't changed at all. They quite obviously have.

Tony Pulis is the man for you then ;)

In all seriousness, we all want the results to improve. The fact is they have been, bar one or two set backs, since the new year, as has the general defending while we are still looking to match that up with clinical attacking (and we're getting there).

yet your still saying they haven't improved/things haven't changed at all. They quite obviously have.

Where am I saying things haven't improved? I've just said in the post you've quoted that the selection of Lennon and Oviedo has improved results, so has the selection of Robles. Since the new year league results read W3, D3, L2 which is 12 points out of 8 games which is decent mid table form. We've improved yes, but now we need to translate that into a better league position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back