Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club needs to identify a replacement for Martinez now so that the new man can hit the ground running at the end of May.

RM is just a con man.
he is a snake oil salesman. Were he part of my management team, I would have fired him after the most recent Leicester game. He is clueless, learning the job at Everton's expense. The Mr Martinez apologists/cultists have over-supped his Kool-Aid.

To be fair if it was 11 vs 11, then I would see why everyone was being so critical. But Everton managed to be winning until the 80th minute with 10 men... a very hard task against a team aiming to get into the Champions League.

Even before the match, people were saying we would draw or lose - so with 10 men, why is it such a shock?

If Lukaku scores the penalty we win. If we don't get the penalty, we probably don't go and lose. Him missing that hits everyone's confidence and gives WHU a great self-belief against a team who have been playing with 10 due to a reckless decision by Kevin (who should be sold asap).

I'm deflated as everyone with our home form and honestly, would like somebody else in as manager. But yesterday wasn't really Bobby's fault, we did magnificent to be 2-0 up for so long. Sometimes people just complain for complaining sake.

The point is that it isn't just yesterday, it's the last 2 years.

he is a snake oil salesman. Were he part of my management team, I would have fired him after the most recent Leicester game. He is clueless, learning the job at Everton's expense. The Mr Martinez apologists/cultists have over-supped his Kool-Aid.

I could forgive some if he was learning but he's been in the premier league 10 years and this team doesn't look any better than his Wigan teams

If he hasn't learned it by now he won't

I could forgive some if he was learning but he's been in the premier league 10 years and this team doesn't look any better than his Wigan teams

If he hasn't learned it by now he won't
Mr Martinez is clueless...he is so out of his depth that the apologists who still lend him time are really starting to annoy me (to the extent of their presuming fifth columnist identity). Get rid of the man...next season, he will take us into a relegation fight

Mr Martinez is clueless...he is so out of his depth that the apologists who still lend him time are really starting to annoy me (to the extent of their presuming fifth columnist identity). Get rid of the man...next season, he will take us into a relegation fight

But next season it's all going to click

Or maybe the year after that

If but and maybe this had happened we'd still be in the premier league

It's the players and the fans fault

If he gets us into the promotion playoffs I say give him one more year

Yesterday was a kick in the nuts. Taken in isolation you could argue that missing a penalty was an individual player error which gave West ham belief, playing with 10 men for so long meant the team were fatigued, and the niasse substitution didn't come off. All fair points. But for me, it's part of the bigger ongoing problem about an inability / unwillingness to dig in and defend when necessary, players mental toughness, and the perception the constant blowing of leads gives off. Everyone knows we're vulnerable. The fans who get anxious which can give the opposition a boost. The opposition players and manager who by now know to not give up and heap pressure on us. And our players, who must get jittery as hell in games because bad habits almost become self-fulfilling prophesies.

The rot Bobby, stop it.

I urge everyone to have a look at Martinez' Premier League stats.
He wins 31% of the games he is involved in;
He picks up an average of 1.25 points per game;
His team's concede more goals than they score; and
He loses 20% more games than he wins.
I ask you, if you were the owner of a business and someone had a CV like that would you give them a job.

I ask you, if you were the owner of a business and someone had a CV like that would you give them a job.

He's a media lovey mate, spouts cap and people lap it up as gospel.

But like you said his results and the stats supporting it show what he his, apart from one season, everything is identical

But some people believe he's capable of turning us into the English Barca, couldn't make it up. The truth is he was a relegation level manager and us a European place challenging team. Three seasons have seen us settle at the mid point between those extremes.

We've improved him whilst we've regressed.

We could be 3 up against Chelsea next week with 5 to go and I'd still be nervous. Once Villa scored in Tuesday I was nervous.

I've got no confidence in us holding out against sustained pressure against anyone and that's a really bad habit we have. It can't be addressed by the manager because if it could it would have been done by now but it's the same issues game after game.

As far as I can see the only thing keeping him in his job is the fa cup because the league results wise is pathetic and the home form is unacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back