Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is, for the Lennon point - it wasn't with hindsight was it? Most people in the match thread were saying it's a wrong sub at the time it was happening. And for Niasse - hardly dreadful, just wrong game, wrong time, but he did need the fitness. If anything, Barry on for Lennon and Niasse for Lukaku would've probably been better - toughening up the midfield, as well as a like for like sub and someone to chase down clearances and be a nuisance, basically a fresh pair of legs, up front. Niasse gets a run out, we defend better.

At the match we were waiting for lukaku's number to raised. I personally didn't think that was the needed but it would have made a bit more sense. But when lennons name was announced everyone around me just looked confused. I think we all knew at that stage he had thrown the game.

Seems like 99% of the negative posts blaming the manager for the loss are based around ONE substitution.

Lennon was shot to bits. He's put on a supposed "workhorse and unselfish"forward.

Niasse let him down as did several others.

You realise the crosses should have been stopped at source and the centre backs should have cleared the danger.....

Lukaku missed a penalty.

It was a tactical masterclass before we let in 2 of the goals due to defending which were individuals letting down the team.

Can i just say zat, i didnt notice Lennon looking shot to bits. If anything we looked comfortable and probably the most likely to score on the break.

Martinez is a nice guy but nice guys dont make great managers. I cannot see him reading the riot act some how. Lennon had to go off agreed but is that down to fitness training? A player who cant play 90 mins is useless. As for Niase coming on in such a big game was suicide. We had no outlet once Lennon went off. As for the Martinez in brigade you can have him but the majority want him out. Martinez is good at signing players and pretty football agreed. But football is a results business and thats where he's lacking. But the most annoying thing is no matter how much we post our frustrations about Martinez he will still be here next season with the likes of Jones,Lawrence and Ferguson on the bench.

At the match we were waiting for lukaku's number to raised. I personally didn't think that was the needed but it would have made a bit more sense. But when lennons name was announced everyone around me just looked confused. I think we all knew at that stage he had thrown the game.
Let me just tag @Zatara into this so he can read it...

some weeks there's not a lot he can do once he's sent them out onto the pitch and we're 2-0 up. Don't think today was a day when he screwed up, Kev did that and dropped Bobby and the rest of the team right in it. 10 men against West Ham for the best part of an hour? We were always bound to tire and be under the cosh by the end. If he'd have put Barry on instead for the tiring knackered Lennon, he'd have been lambasted for sitting back and having no outlet to relieve the pressure.

Bobby can't win with some fans these days no matter what he does. They were even raging last game about us being 3-0 up at half time. Idiots the lot of them.
I think Martinez would have less criticism if we didn't continually bottle matches in the final quarter of an hour. You make it sound like we're sitting top 4 and the manager is getting pelters for no reason. We look like finishing bottom half of the table for the second season in a row.

4 home wins in 11 months. 3 of which were in the bottom 3.

He's Brendan Rogers mk2. All he is is excuses and sound bytes, and anyone still buying into it is being fooled by all the hot air and empty promises. It's the fans fault is it Bob? No wait it's Rom's fault this time? Both of those excuses reek of ineptitude.

Anyone who seriously thinks he's going to suddenly improve his win percentage dramatically is basing it on absolutely nothing except their own dreams. It's been poor for nigh on 2 years, evidence suggests it isn't changing. All we can go off is evidence, it's called making an informed decision, and the informed decision based on almost 2 years of evidence now is that he isn't good enough.

Fed up of the excuses. Fed up watching us throw away leads. Fed up of the nonsensical subs. Fed up of us completely taking our foot off the gas against teams we should be battering.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum Roberto, and you're nowhere close to fitting in with that.

Mori is a LCB
Stones is a RCB

So not a replacement for Stones and dont forget Jagielka is 34 at next season start. When he went down with injury we had Stones as senior centre back and an adapting Mori who we wont see the best of till next season.

How can someone with a long term vision in place suddnly be drowning? Thats for short termist plans like we saw with 3 years mourinho.

Real football does not operate the same as those games you play

4 home wins in 11 months. 3 of which were in the bottom 3.

He's Brendan Rogers mk2. All he is is excuses and sound bytes, and anyone still buying into it is being fooled by all the hot air and empty promises. It's the fans fault is it Bob? No wait it's Rom's fault this time? Both of those excuses reek of ineptitude.

Anyone who seriously thinks he's going to suddenly improve his win percentage dramatically is basing it on absolutely nothing except their own dreams. It's been poor for nigh on 2 years, evidence suggests it isn't changing. All we can go off is evidence, it's called making an informed decision, and the informed decision based on almost 2 years of evidence now is that he isn't good enough.

Fed up of the excuses. Fed up watching us throw away leads. Fed up of the nonsensical subs. Fed up of us completely taking our foot off the gas against teams we should be battering.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum Roberto, and you're nowhere close to fitting in with that.
Rodgers at least took advantage of having a top quality striker in the form of his life by getting them back into the CL. Even if he was exposed as a fraud when they sold him. Imagine how bad we're going to be next season without Lukaku.

How is it martinezs fault that lukaku didnt score...he had a chance to bury it...but didnt. It was the crucial moment and I knew it we would be losing it after that.

All season there has been something wrong between me and Everton, but yesterday I finally put my finger on it. All enjoyment I get from going the game has gone. A win or defeat used to run through me until Monday morning, but now Everton is at the back of my mind by the time I've reached Kirkdale for the train home. I can't build up any passion as we've became so predictable. I sat down after Lennon's goal yesterday and the first thing that went through my mind was when are we going to throw this away. It's pathetic that we can be 2-0 at home, yet have 0% confidence in winning. Judging by the home atmosphere this season, I don't think I'm the only one who thinks this?

However much I wanted Martinez to be a success here, I think the blame has to lie with him. We've self imploded too many times this season for it to be bad luck or coincidence. There's fundamental flaws in our setup/tactics/mentality that he either can't see, won't fix, or doesn't know how to fix. We've got players who are individually impressive and valuable, but put them together as a team, and they're worth a lot less. We're criminally underperforming and shot of confidence. For that reason, I've jumped off the fence and moved to the 'respectably part ways with Martinez camp'. No idea on a replacement though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back