Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know, if Moshiri has been looking at the club over the last 12-18 months then hopefully he's been scratching his head at the underachievement just the same as all of us. Can't blame bill for not wanting to sack his biggest fan, but it's business not personal, he's not getting the results that are required.

Was Mr. Moshiri at the game yesterday, do you know?

I had hoped he might have been welcomed on the pitch....instead we had a parade of worldwide supporters clubs carrying banners that looked totally washed out to me :(

Clearly hes bringing in players to develop together as a group and improve to get us into champions league long term.

If you look "selectively at the his signings for the long term and players hes brought through and developed:

GK -- Robles
LB --
LCB -- Mori / Galloway
RCB -- Stones
RB --
DM -- McCarthy
CM -- Besic
LW -- Cleverley /Niasse
ACM -- Barkley / Tarashaj
RW -- Deulofeu / Lennon
CF -- Lukaku

Its quite clear thar hes been focusing on the midfield and attack and still needs a couple of key signings there which will cost big money which he has not had in one go and was probably planning on signing them this summer.

What is equally noticeable is that other than a back up keeper (at the time) and a Distin replacement he's only signed Galloway at a young age (Holgate and Foulds yet to come through).

Obviously he cant do all this at once can he and has done so cleverly and gradually while usinf stop fap players along the way.

These signings are being developed into top level players, just look at the difference of Lukaku and Barkley last season and this along with progres Besic and Deulofeu have made not to mention Mori adapting still.

But instead of this plan to bring in and develop players to become the best you would prefer Mourinho to come in for a season....someone who doesnt play young players and buys auccess for 3 seasons before leaving.

This is such self entitlement its incredible.

Success for 3 seasons -( yes please.) Vs Jam tomorrow...without saying which tomorrow.

You have Funes Mori & Stones in your 11, dismissing the viable possibility that he was bought as cover/to replace Stones and not Jags.

'A couple of big signings at the end of the season'...all this mind pre Moshiri potential wind fall.

your man is in deep water
you think he's waving at you, Hi, hello, all good, come in, join me, the waters fine, etc.

Not waving, Drowning.

Success for 3 seasons -( yes please.) Vs Jam tomorrow...without saying which tomorrow.

You have Funes Mori & Stones in your 11, dismissing the viable possibility that he was bought as cover/to replace Stones and not Jags.

'A couple of big signings at the end of the season'...all this mind pre Moshiri potential wind fall.

your man is in deep water
you think he's waving at you, Hi, hello, all good, come in, join me, the waters fine, etc.

Not waving, Drowning.

Mori is a LCB
Stones is a RCB

So not a replacement for Stones and dont forget Jagielka is 34 at next season start. When he went down with injury we had Stones as senior centre back and an adapting Mori who we wont see the best of till next season.

How can someone with a long term vision in place suddnly be drowning? Thats for short termist plans like we saw with 3 years mourinho.

Mori is a LCB
Stones is a RCB

So not a replacement for Stones and dont forget Jagielka is 34 at next season start. When he went down with injury we had Stones as senior centre back and an adapting Mori who we wont see the best of till next season.

How can someone with a long term vision in place suddnly be drowning? Thats for short termist plans like we saw with 3 years mourinho.

3 yrs eh...what, like 84-85, 85-86, 86-87?...oh those sorts of 3 yrs...perish the thought...remember NSNO, no short term ism here. Everton us.

The club needs to identify a replacement for Martinez now so that the new man can hit the ground running at the end of May.

RM is just a con man.

What does the west ham result do for us as a club against Chelsea this Saturday. Calamitous results can very often galvanize but the amount of times we've lost clumsily from winning positions has made us all a bag of nerves. Roberto what have you done to our fortress at goodison?

Not from me, ive been totally consistent since we brought him in.

What makes you think he has the ability to lead us to top 4 next season? Results have showcased that he is not up to the job. 21 wins out of 66 since the beginning of last season.

As a PL manager his defensive records are woeful. What makes you think he can suddenly turn the defence into a fortress? Again results prove there is no sign of improvement.

If he is not doing this last season and we are on course for another midtable finish again then how on earth he moves the club forward? We have regressed as a PL club since Moyes left. He can sign good players in most cases but he has no idea on how to get the best from them.

What does the west ham result do for us as a club against Chelsea this Saturday. Calamitous results can very often galvanize but the amount of times we've lost clumsily from winning positions has made us all a bag of nerves. Roberto what have you done to our fortress at goodison?

It leaves us all very edgy.

You just cannot relax now even when we are leading.......a bullet in the foot always seems to lurking in the background.

I know by the time next Saturday comes around I will by optimistic self again but right now I am expecting Chelsea to deliver the knockout blow to our season :(

I find it somewhat remarkable that debate rages re Mr Martinez's abililty. I can only suppose that those who think Mr Martinez is the way forward for everton, have never employed a single employee...
For me it's simples...he is not up to the task of leading our club forward. I suspect our new major shareholder will think likewise...
he'll give him a season won't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back