Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deer-popcorn-gif.gif

My main problem with Martinez, apart from the awful results and the fact that we are now a bottom end of the premier league side is what he looks to have installed into the players.

As talented as some of them are, I believe there is a severe sloppy streak running through the side, which for me comes from the top. The amount of times we lose the ball very tamely and we then see the players jogging back half arsed, tells me that either they think they are better than they are or they think they don't have to earn the right to win football matches.

Barkley has natural talent so will get away with it, but others not as talented might not and I fear the attitude of the players reflects on where we are in the league.

Several players have voiced their concern at times about the way we go about things so some do care. You will always get a shift out of Jags, same with Lennon and Barry.

The one thing I am optimistic about is that Besic is back, we need somebody with a real will to win in the side, not just play pretty football and trying to look aesthetically pleasing on the eye.

It's not irrelevant though that's my point.

If you're Lukaku, for example, you'd still rather have RM to work under for 10 games than Unsworth.
You don't know that though. Lukaku might be fed up with the fraud, who could blame him when he's scored 23 goals this season for us to be languishing in the bottom half for the 2nd year in a row.

Of course mate, you are entitled to that opinion. But I'm thinking you must be in your early twenties? And you have not employed a single person...far less fired one.?
I'm not trying to sound superior mate, just that my life experience at employing and dealing with (literally 100s of )people lends me greater recognition skills of a person's underlying traits.

I am yes. I haven't hired but have had the responsibility of firing a few people from a previous job. Would I say any of them were fraudsters? No. Just because they aren't up to their job surely doesn't make it that way.

I see your point due to his facade that he puts up but I, personally, think the use of the word fraud is a bit strong. Just opinions though.

You don't know that though. Lukaku might be fed up with the fraud, who could blame him when he's scored 23 goals this season for us to be languishing in the bottom half for the 2nd year in a row.

or he may be as equally as fed up as his defensive teammates, or as equally frustrated at himself for not having bagged 30 this year - which he easily could have done.

Who knows...

What I do think is clear is that sacking RM right now emanates a crisis at the club and it's not something that would make our young stars want to stay.

If it has to be done, he gets until the end of the season before a decision is made either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back