Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Sutton is not impressed with Martinez at all - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03lv187

Says he's a joke and an embarrassment and that he blames everyone but himself after every game.
I don't even listen to what excuses he has any more.
Also, what was said at the end there "when strikers do that stupid run up to a penalty, if I were a manager I'd outlaw it instantly" couldn't agree more. Perhaps it works in training against Howard so they think it will work against other GKs...

I don't even listen to what excuses he has any more.
Also, what was said at the end there "when strikers do that stupid run up to a penalty, if I were a manager I'd outlaw it instantly" couldn't agree more. Perhaps it works in training against Howard so they think it will work against other GKs...

Lukaku has missed one penalty for us...

Though yeh he should have smashed that one down the middle

Wally, there is nobody available right now who would come in and guarantee improvement/leave the job they are in now at this stage in the season.

Flores? No he won't leave Watford yet.
De Boer? He won't leave Ajax yet.

Etc etc and that's just two examples.

If it's going to be done it has to be at the end of the season.

Let's be honest you can still have the right man lined up without giving him the job officially just look at United and Moyes.

In the meantime put a caretaker in place until the summer.

I'd have a go myself if I could get a few months off work. We might finish top half if I get a run at it. Kone and Howard will be available for odd jobs around the house if anyone needs gutters cleaned or anything

It would be so interesting to hear what the players honestly think of R Martinez. I genuinely believe him to be a fraudster, a con man, a delusional narcissitic. I further believe he is destroying our club and his metastasisation needs to be cut out immediately.
Rarely have I taken such vehement dislike toward a person as I feel toward R Martinez. Because unlike many on here, I have lifetime professional experience at recognising (and firing) 'bad eggs'...Martinez is a bad egg.

Let's be honest you can still have the right man lined up without giving him the job officially just look at United and Moyes.

In the meantime put a caretaker in place until the summer.

I'd have a go myself if I could get a few months off work. We might finish top half if I get a run at it. Kone and Howard will be available for odd jobs around the house if anyone needs gutters cleaned or anything

Who?

Ferguson? Unsworth? All no experience and like it or not are part of this team that is underachieving/failing as you point out so much. Caretaker managers stink of a club in crisis. I don't think we're there just yet. The only one that would maybe (and I stress maybe) come would be Reid who has any background in senior management.

I agree the situation needs to change (either internally or externally), but I still think the time has to be at the end of the season.

I watched it and although he's right in some departments he's an utter utter ted mate. Genuinely a horrid person as well by all accounts. He hates us as well. Never got a good thing to say about Everton - not just Martinez.

He criticised us for playing with high full backs and saying that's why we concede.

Utter tripe
. We concede because we don't stop the crosses at source and sit too deep, with our defenders seemingly incapable of heading the ball.

For all of his faults RM often gets criticised by the national media for things that actually he doesn't do that wrong. The basics are his set pieces and crosses which literally get no mention by the media.
I don't like Sutton but the amount of times we get caught out with both flanks up by the opposition box is frightening. We've been countered shedloads.

It would be so interesting to hear what the players honestly think of R Martinez. I genuinely believe him to be a fraudster, a con man, a delusional narcissitic. I further believe he is destroying our club and his metastasisation needs to be cut out immediately.
Rarely have I taken such vehement dislike toward a person as I feel toward R Martinez. Because unlike many on here, I have lifetime professional experience at recognising (and firing) 'bad eggs'...Martinez is a bad egg.

I highly doubt he's genuinely meaning to mess up is he.

He's not a fraudster. His downfall is his stubborness - which is also the greatest asset of many great managers and, in general, great people. However, it's his seeming inability to learn simple lessons that is costing him and us.

Who?

Ferguson? Unsworth? All no experience and like it or not are part of this team that is underachieving/failing as you point out so much. Caretaker managers stink of a club in crisis. I don't think we're there just yet. The only one that would maybe (and I stress maybe) come would be Reid who has any background in senior management.

I agree the situation needs to change (either internally or externally), but I still think the time has to be at the end of the season.

Really it's irrelevant who if we lose to Chelsea. Seasons over if that happens

I don't like Sutton but the amount of times we get caught out with both flanks up by the opposition box is frightening. We've been countered shedloads.

Watch the goals we concede (if you dare). There's maybe two or three times we have been counted. Other than that is either always set-pieces or crosses into the area. The odd deflection or long ball.

Down to the coaching staff and also the defenders. As I said, they shouldn't just suddenly forget how to defend well.

In fairness this team for both potential and flair is nowhere near the smith era or mostly under Moyes. I agree the stats don't lie but there are positives with RM notably the attacking improvement - 2nd highest scorers is no mean feat in this league. Not defending the goals conceded at home - it's unacceptable but in contrast to the away form its an odd position. While we all rightly expect more we must also remember it was the manager himself who put the majority of the potential together.

Fair enough but managing a team is much more than attacking flair. The record books in 10 years time will show 2 poor seasons with no recollection of the style played. He is playing a style that is good on the eye but does not guarantee results as has been proved. Would I call this improvement? Probably not because for us to start getting the results then the style has to change. This is where I feel he is stuck either in knowledge or stubbornness which is why I think nothings going to change.

I highly doubt he's genuinely meaning to mess up is he.

He's not a fraudster. His downfall is his stubborness - which is also the greatest asset of many great managers and, in general, great people. However, it's his seeming inability to learn simple lessons that is costing him and us.
Of course mate, you are entitled to that opinion. But I'm thinking you must be in your early twenties? And you have not employed a single person...far less fired one.?
I'm not trying to sound superior mate, just that my life experience at employing and dealing with (literally 100s of )people lends me greater recognition skills of a person's underlying traits.

It's not irrelevant though that's my point.

If you're Lukaku, for example, you'd still rather have RM to work under for 10 games than Unsworth.
It wouldn't be Unsworth though would it.

We all know Kenwright will turn to his old mate if the chance arose.

For this reason keep him until the summer and hopefully Moshiri will have total control by then and he can make the decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back