Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha Ha Ha. 12th in the league looking to sack the manager.

Currently trending on twitter UK

#FickleEvertonians
It isn't as if we're midtable and safe from relegation though is it? With Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal to come within the next 5 games we could very well find ourselves in the relegation zone.

It isn't as if we're midtable and safe from relegation though is it? With Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal to come within the next 5 games we could very well find ourselves in the relegation zone.
Well panic when/if we're down the table then.

Seems obvious to me like, especially given the upturn in form over the last few games.

It's like a fever that's taken hold a proportion of this club's fans. There's a lot of people who've been railroaded into a panic by the usual suspects on here who have ALWAYS been opposed to Martinez as manager. I'll take no part in it....but I'll take great delight laughing me bollocks off at them when this nightmare scenario fails to transpire.

Hold your nerve...we are in ZERO danger. Dont let the schemers and plotters scare you.

Ta-Ra-Fergie-banner-007.jpg

If you lose the local media as a manager you are often on the slippery slope to the exit. To lose the fan base though?... On the back of arguably our worse run of form for a decade, if not 20 years, to come out and say 'proper Evertonians' when referring to the paying fans and wider supporters who have been 'treated' to a season like this, is quite frankly a disgrace. The mask is indeed slipping and revealing something rather unpleasant. People in the game are paid handsomely, one of the reasons is the high pressure and cut-throat nature. He has handled every aspect of the domestic season badly. Europe is the only thing keeping him in a job, but lose these next 2 fixtures on the back of these comments and he will find out exactly what 'proper Evertonians' feel.

If you lose the local media as a manager you are often on the slippery slope to the exit. To lose the fan base though?... On the back of arguably our worse run of form for a decade, if not 20 years, to come out and say 'proper Evertonians' when referring to the paying fans and wider supporters who have been 'treated' to a season like this, is quite frankly a disgrace. The mask is indeed slipping and revealing something rather unpleasant. People in the game are paid handsomely, one of the reasons is the high pressure and cut-throat nature. He has handled every aspect of the domestic season badly. Europe is the only thing keeping him in a job, but lose these next 2 fixtures on the back of these comments and he will find out exactly what 'proper Evertonians' feel.
Now how do you put the statement Martinez made together with match going fans and a wider support?

Easiy written, harder to justify.

Last edited:
I remember the likes of moyes and cahill making similar comments and there was no uproar.

I know as a bunch, evertonians are a miserable lot at the best of times but people need to settle down a bit

It's quiet because of the pass slow pass slow pass slow pass slow pass slow pass slow pass slow pass slow pass slow pass slow pass slow pass slow pass slow pass slow pass slow pass slow pass slow pass slow football ffs. No-one rational can generate a noise watching that.

This.

I tell you sommat.

The first time I went the match as a young boy I couldn't wait to go back again......pestered my dad and my uncles to take me.

The excitement on the pitch sparked the crowd into life and it was a magical experience.

I took a young nephew to the Swansea game earlier in the season and he fell asleep.....he hasn't mentioned going the game again since.

I bet this a recurring situation with mant people taking kids to their first game these days.

There us nowt happening on the Goodison pitch to entice kids to dream the Everton dream no moah.

The crowd isn't the problem.

The results aren't what is stupifying the crowd and turning us into dummies.

We react in a raucous fashion when our team is in crisis but at least they are giving it a lash, trying to sort it out.

The problem has been the insipid, safety first, pedestrian, boring crab ball we have been enduring for most of this season.

That is why the crowd has become so subdued.

It is not a chicken and egg situation.....the action on the pitch clearly begets the reaction in the crowd.

Now, I believe Bob has seen the error of his ways and that the more direct approach we saw against West Ham and City is going to be the way ahead......and that the Baggies game was an aberration due to the fact they never intended playing football as we know it.

That is why I am more keen than normal as the Palace showdown approaches.

On a side note......why are we debating the words of Phil Neville?

This is a man who said, less than two years ago when he was still club captain, that "finishing in the top half of the table is great for a club like Everton".

Yo......Phil.

"Proper Evertonians" don't think like that, you bell.

Fans ruining Players confidence, players doing likewise to the fans, both need each other, both doing fug all. Vicious cycle

This.

I tell you sommat.

The first time I went the match as a young boy I couldn't wait to go back again......pestered my dad and my uncles to take me.

The excitement on the pitch sparked the crowd into life and it was a magical experience.

I took a young nephew to the Swansea game earlier in the season and he fell asleep.....he hasn't mentioned going the game again since.

I bet this a recurring situation with mant people taking kids to their first game these days.

There us nowt happening on the Goodison pitch to entice kids to dream the Everton dream no moah.

The crowd isn't the problem.

The results aren't what is stupifying the crowd and turning us into dummies.

We react in a raucous fashion when our team is in crisis but at least they are giving it a lash, trying to sort it out.

The problem has been the insipid, safety first, pedestrian, boring crab ball we have been enduring for most of this season.

That is why the crowd has become so subdued.

It is not a chicken and egg situation.....the action on the pitch clearly begets the reaction in the crowd.

Now, I believe Bob has seen the error of his ways and that the more direct approach we saw against West Ham and City is going to be the way ahead......and that the Baggies game was an aberration due to the fact they never intended playing football as we know it.

That is why I am more keen than normal as the Palace showdown approaches.

On a side note......why are we debating the words of Phil Neville?

This is a man who said, less than two years ago when he was still club captain, that "finishing in the top half of the table is great for a club like Everton".

Yo......Phil.

"Proper Evertonians" don't think like that, you bell.

Not bad this.

Players stop playing like a gang of bellends then the boos stop and the crowd is entertained.

Easy.

Seems obvious to me like, especially given the upturn in form over the last few games.

It's like a fever that's taken hold a proportion of this club's fans. There's a lot of people who've been railroaded into a panic by the usual suspects on here who have ALWAYS been opposed to Martinez as manager. I'll take no part in it....but I'll take great delight laughing me bollocks off at them when this nightmare scenario fails to transpire.

Hold your nerve...we are in ZERO danger. Dont let the schemers and plotters scare you.
Although I think we will survive, I also think everyone having a go deserves to. As a football club we should not be finishing any lower than 7th in this league, to find ourselves 12th and out of both domestic cups in the first round has disheartened many of us, myself included.

Martinez coming out with statements saying he's only disappointedid with one game this season is obviously going to rile many. He needs to take responsibility for his decisions, Id personally like an explanation as to that amateur pre-season.

Bobby put some things straight in that presser...little reminder for the plotters...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back