Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plotters? What a load of rubbish.

Roberto, Your tactics and team selections have been truly awful all season. The style of play is boring and were in a posistion that even a Moyes team with No money to spend would be underperforming! The fact you have a great squad makes this situation 10x worse.

One trick pony!!!

Plotters? What a load of rubbish.

Roberto, Your tactics and team selections have been truly awful all season. The style of play is boring and were in a posistion that even a Moyes team with No money to spend would be underperforming! The fact you have a great squad makes this situation 10x worse.

One trick pony!!!
Exactly what I don't get about people that compare Martinez's early years to Moyes'. Moyes inherited an ageing relegation bound squad, Martinez had the solid framework of a top 6 team, which his undoing quicker than a demolision squad. If he doesn't get at least 5 points from the next 3/4 games he HAS to go.

Davek's alert feed:

WPdM9sP.jpg
Don't know how the heck you did that. Crazy. Weird. But brilliant!

Think it will be more of the same,when the season resumes after the warmer climes training,one concerned Evertonian here,
Prove me wrong Roberto.

Exactly what I don't get about people that compare Martinez's early years to Moyes'. Moyes inherited an ageing relegation bound squad, Martinez had the solid framework of a top 6 team, which his undoing quicker than a demolision squad. If he doesn't get at least 5 points from the next 3/4 games he HAS to go.

Let's not forget the freedom RM has had over moyes to bring in 5/6 players at a cost of around 50M to that already solid squad!

The other thing that has me worried the most about this is clearly he's a man with a philosophy (hate that word) that comes before anything else. Last season was different. He tweaked and changed a little whilst catching everyone off guard. This season is full on martinez style of football and it's not working...

It won't work either if he sticks with it. It's a flawed system and style unless you can buy the best 11 players in the world at deploying it which we can't do.

So what's he gonna do? Stick with it I guess, replace players bit by bit in the hope that at some point we get lucky and it comes good. Whilst risking in the mean time years of decline.

Nah not for me. Give me a manager who wins games first, worries about how later. Jose is the prime example. He can play several different ways and does....he has no philosophy other than being a winner!!

Let's not forget the freedom RM has had over moyes to bring in 5/6 players at a cost of around 50M to that already solid squad!

The other thing that has me worried the most about this is clearly he's a man with a philosophy (hate that word) that comes before anything else. Last season was different. He tweaked and changed a little whilst catching everyone off guard. This season is full on martinez style of football and it's not working...

It won't work either if he sticks with it. It's a flawed system and style unless you can buy the best 11 players in the world at deploying it which we can't do.

So what's he gonna do? Stick with it I guess, replace players bit by bit in the hope that at some point we get lucky and it comes good. Whilst risking in the mean time years of decline.

Nah not for me. Give me a manager who wins games first, worries about how later. Jose is the prime example. He can play several different ways and does....he has no philosophy other than being a winner!!
That's why I liked Moyes, people presume his style was route one, but his passing football is far more attractive than Martinez's pile of dung.
When my family and I watched Martinez's first preseason homegame the style reminded my dad and grandfather of the styles that nearly got us relegated before Moyes. Luckily enough he changed the style like you said for the prem but I think the wins came partly from the Moyes affect still being around.

Out of interest has Martinez ever used the term "Philosophy" when describing how he believes football should be played?

All his detractors love to attribute the term to him in a negative light but I can't recall him ever using it in a interview.

That's why I liked Moyes, people presume his style was route one, but his passing football is far more attractive than Martinez's pile of dung.
When my family and I watched Martinez's first preseason homegame the style reminded my dad and grandfather of the styles that nearly got us relegated before Moyes. Luckily enough he changed the style like you said for the prem but I think the wins came partly from the Moyes affect still being around.

Of course it did....last season's team and style was a hybrid mix of moyes and martinez which is the perfect mix basically giving you a Jose haha,....

Moyes problem was bottling the big games and going too defensive in those, instead of going toe to toe. But the talk of moyes playing boring route 1 football is pure myth. He had us play very good passing quick attacking football at times, especially as his teams improved!

Both have positives and negatives just imo moyes would be inclined to change than Bobby.

Although I think we will survive, I also think everyone having a go deserves to. As a football club we should not be finishing any lower than 7th in this league, to find ourselves 12th and out of both domestic cups in the first round has disheartened many of us, myself included.

Martinez coming out with statements saying he's only disappointedid with one game this season is obviously going to rile many. He needs to take responsibility for his decisions, Id personally like an explanation as to that amateur pre-season.
No they dont. They deserve to get behind the manager and the team because that is the definition of a supporter last time I looked.

And by the way, the vast majority of supporters DO feel that way.

Dont be railroaded by these trolls on our forums looking to destabilise us at a very important time. They\re posting their rubbish and then laughing their bollocks off at people feeding off it.

Dont become their mugs.

No they dont. They deserve to get behind the manager and the team because that is the definition of a supporter last time I looked.

And by the way, the vast majority of supporters DO feel that way.

Dont be railroaded by these trolls on our forums looking to destabilise us at a very important time. They\re posting their rubbish and then laughing their bollocks off at people feeding off it.

Dont become their mugs.

It is impossible to get behind a manager so stubborn to change.

It is impossible to get behind a manager so stubborn to change.
Hold on, weren't people on here critical of Martinez a few weeks ago crowing about him bending to player requests to go more direct?

You cant have your cake and eat it.

Inconsistencies all over the place.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/roberto-martinez-calls-unity-everton-8539208

Roberto Martinez calls for unity at Everton FC

Everton FC boss Roberto Martinez has called for unity and togetherness at Everton as the Blues aim to secure their first win in nine matches at a revitalised Crystal Palace on Saturday.

And the Blues boss admits he has taken encouragement from the positivity of chairman Bill Kenwright during a rocky run of just one win in 13 matches.

“The chairman has always been like that,” said Martinez. “The chairman first and foremost is a really experienced person. He is someone who suffers like any Evertonian when we have had the results we have had but in the same manner he is someone who has an incredible belief and a great positive approach towards what we are and what we can achieve.”

Martinez added: “So we are very much in a moment where we all turn to each other, from the fans, to the players, to the staff, to the board of directors to the chairman. We all are a really strong unit and are we are ready to get through this period and become a stronger, more determined football club and that’s what you do when you face adversity in football.”

Martinez is delighted to welcome back James McCarthy at Selhurst Park, with the Blues’ dip in form coinciding with the Irish international’s absence from the first team with a hamstring injury.

“James McCarthy is a very important player of ours and I do feel that now we are going to get a James who is fully fit and refreshed for the second half of the season,” said the Blues boss.

But Martinez added that the Blues would monitor his return carefully after McCarthy returned briefly in December against Stoke and Newcastle but was unable to finish either match.

“It’s making sure that we introduce him in the right way and at the right time and allow him to compete for his place,” he added.

“We have Mo Besic who has reached a very good level, Darron Gibson has been training with the first team as well and after the long term injury he has had I hope he is going to finish the season strong.

“We have started the season with Gareth Barry in midfield and Ross Barkley and we are starting to become a strong group again in that position and that’s very important.

“But James McCarthy was important in the success we had last season and he is an infectious character in the way he plays and we need him back as soon as we can.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back