Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm going to call anyone backing Martinez 'Ficklers' now, just so I can create my own fictional category for people I don't agree with. The Ficklers can battle it out with the Plotters for supremacy and the 'Points Scoring I Was Right All Along' 2014/2015 championship.

You cannot call RM supporters ficklers if they have not strayed from supporting him. Its the ones that do the hokey cokey after each match that can rightly be named ficklers and there are quite a few of them.

So how many Plotters have flown the white flag today then?

not a plotter, or a potter or a totter or a blotter, not even an otter or any other type of something ending in 'er'
nor am I yet sure he is the man for us in the long term.
All he has done - if he was completely responsible for our mini revival at all and it wasn't in part behind the scenes Board / Player driven.
I s oversee a by the numbers beating of United 3-0; great that we did, I enjoyed ever minute of it. But this was not the SAF United in their pomp of yor, just a pale shadow.
This is the bare minimum of what Everton should be doing, not the high point of a distinctly below average season.
All he has done is buy himself time to make this type of performance and result par for the course over a season - NEXT SEASON
If we're not on course for this by the end of October - it's thank you and goodnight
This day and age in the Prem. ( sadly ) standing still is going backwards.

In managerial terms he's still young so this season will have been a massive lesson for him and he'll become a better manager because of it. He'll have us back in the Top 5 next season without doubt.

You will never have any manager receiving 100% backing from any clubs supporters. Get over it and ignore it.

I didn't want Walter Smith as manager from Day 1 and that continued for 4 years until he left. Didn't stop me supporting the team though.
I am happy with myself and more than happy with discussing this topic, as so many other people are.

My simple point is that a core of people will not rest until he has gone, getting beat will hurt, but a little part of them will be content because they can tell who will listen they were right and justified

We could potentially finish 8/9 this season, which I agree it has been a poor season overall....but we do need to realise we do have a mountain to climb if we aim to get in top 4. There are no quick fixes and changing managers because he has a run of bad games is not the answer. The answer is giving the manager time and giving him a little slack when games are not going to plan. sadly we have a core who want him out, and when results are not going our way we have the knee jerkers who jump on the doom and gloom wagon.
This season has been terrible in 2 parts on the pitch and also the reaction from supporters

As a squad withMartinez we have developed the ability and confidence to know we can beat these "big teams". Under Moyes it was decent but we were always scared of them scoring late the game. Yesterday you could feel we were going to hold on comfortably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back