Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am told your wife to be gives you £ 2,75 spends per week , Tut tut tut. and you have the CHEAK to [Poor language removed] lads off

B0-MiHzCMAADysA.png

All's the Polls on here do is reflect the feelings of people who post on here.

In my experience they do not reflect the feelings of the matchgoing public nor indeed our wider, non GOT posting worldwide fanbase.

One example of this is Leon Osman......a lad who is widely reviled on this forum yet I never detect any such revulsion for Ossie in the ground.

The same when Moyes left.

We had a virtual civil war on here over whether or not he should have been sent on gardening leave immediately or allowed to stay in charge until the last game.

(I was off the opinion he should have been shown the door tout suite BTW)

But it never appeared to be an issue among the people in the pubs before the game or inside the ground.......as was evidenced by the terrific send off he received against Hammers in the last game of the season.

Another example was the boo-ing earlier in the season.

Many people on here were going nuts about hearing the boo-ing on their TV screens and being greatly offended by it.

People at the ground weren't so quick to judge, even if they didn't boo themselves.

They understood why people were boo-ing as we watched all the sideways passing on freezing cold winter nights.

In the end I think every bugger in Goodison was boo-ing the night of the Kiev game :)

So no....IMO these Polls are a lot of fun and I had many LOL moments as Dave battled the Plotters lol

But never for one moment did I think it mattered a jot outside these pages.

We never had the swagger under moyes against the big teams we had today

Agree with that but I will say that last time he sent the team out against the Mancs at Goodison, the Fellaini Monday night game, we did batter the buggers to a greater extent than we did today even if we did only win 1-0 ;)

True the 1-0 at home to utd last season was mentioned above. I never felt as confident though

Was thinking of the 3-1 with rodwell and gosling scoring, myself.

We're defo getting better at these sort of games though. That arsenal game last year is the best I've ever seen us play against a proper team.

I think they know they're into a game when they come here now. Was talking to a blue on the way out of goodison after last week about the Man u game and he was saying about sitting back and playing for a draw, and one of the great things about our improvement over the last few years is that that doesn't happen any more.

Not sure about that. We had some good wins under Moyes at home against the big sides. What you can't deny is Martinez is probably smarter. For a principled manager he'll still play on the counter at home against good teams to get the points. Moyes tried to play on the front foot against them and when it worked they were great performances score line aside like United at home 09/10 and 12/13 or even the 2-2 at the Emirates with Pienaar's chip. You're never going to smash a side playing intricate stuff though. You get the big scores playing on the counter with Mirallas Lukaku and Barkley. I suppose it affords you less control because you give up the ball but it can negate the quality gap. We had to be perfect under Moyes to beat these teams. Martinez's counter attacking gives you more of s chance if you get your defence right which it was today.

I'm going to call anyone backing Martinez 'Ficklers' now, just so I can create my own fictional category for people I don't agree with. The Ficklers can battle it out with the Plotters for supremacy and the 'Points Scoring I Was Right All Along' 2014/2015 championship.

I'm going to call anyone backing Martinez 'Ficklers' now, just so I can create my own fictional category for people I don't agree with. The Ficklers can battle it out with the Plotters for supremacy and the 'Points Scoring I Was Right All Along' 2014/2015 championship.

It's hardly fickle to support the manager. I've never called for his head...it wasn't even close for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back