Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am just chilling out re the Managers job. At one point it was all i was talking about. Truth is the good run has saved him and he is going nowhere. He needs to understand he is with a big Club. Not Wigan. Then he may have a chance of achieving something.

I am just chilling out re the Managers job. At one point it was all i was talking about. Truth is the good run has saved him and he is going nowhere. He needs to understand he is with a big Club. Not Wigan. Then he may have a chance of achieving something.

I think it is obvious that he knows he is at a big club with great history. It was Moyes that didn't understand that. He has been at the club nearly 2 seasons now and his first season was the best we have ever had since the premiership started. He has changed our style drastically and it worked the first season. Give him 11 seasons like the moyesiah and see what he can do. I bet he won't win less than Moyes.

Are you meaning the quote about two strikers leaving you exposed? If so, isn't that weakness the reason why few managers in the league regularly use two strikers?

Mourinho only does it when chasing games, LVG attempted it when he first came but has since reverted to just using Fellaini as a striker/number 10 to support the striker, Rodgers used it a lot last season but they shipped in a horrendous number of goals and Wenger hardly ever attempts it.

City are the only big team in the league that regularly play two up top but they have often lost games because their midfield hasn't been able to control the game.

don't think playing two strikers would work for us, we played one last weekend and still got torn apart in the midfield

Are you meaning the quote about two strikers leaving you exposed? If so, isn't that weakness the reason why few managers in the league regularly use two strikers?

Mourinho only does it when chasing games, LVG attempted it when he first came but has since reverted to just using Fellaini as a striker/number 10 to support the striker, Rodgers used it a lot last season but they shipped in a horrendous number of goals and Wenger hardly ever attempts it.

City are the only big team in the league that regularly play two up top but they have often lost games because their midfield hasn't been able to control the game.
Difference between Martinez and Mourinho/van Gaal is that they don't have two holding midfielders sitting right on top of the centre halves always, forever, no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back