Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even when we went on a run, and done the Mancs 3-0, we had lads who weren't happy.
so when we wanted him out after a terrible25-30 games we were labelled 'knee jerkers' but then you want us to say everything is great after 4-5 wins? would that not be knee jerking by apposing our own thoughts on Martinez based on an even short period to judge a manager.

Ok then.

So basically you can only 'kneejerk' if its against Martinez, if you swap your thoughts around based on a 6 game run, that's fine that's not knee jerking at all.

Great this place at times

Results like today used to shock me a little. Anger me even. By that I mean getting beat by a lesser team, that shouldn't beat us(although it can happen)

Nowadays I just kind of expect it's going to happen quite often. Doesn't shock or anger me. Just take it as standard with Martinez.

He's an average manager. Simples!! like a McGeady or kone on the playing staff...not good enough to take us forward imo.

so when we wanted him out after a terrible25-30 games we were labelled 'knee jerkers' but then you want us to say everything is great after 4-5 wins? would that not be knee jerking by apposing our own thoughts on Martinez based on an even short period to judge a manager.

Ok then.

So basically you can only 'kneejerk' if its against Martinez, if you swap your thoughts around based on a 6 game run, that's fine that's not knee jerking at all.

Great this place at times

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and you deserve credit for having been consistent with your opinions on Martinez, the problem is there are plenty who just look for any reason to slate him no matter what, because they never wanted him in the first place.

The biggest joke about Martinez is that he plays tika-taka football. He doesn't. Tiki-taka is about having your players hunting in packs whether attacking or looking to win back the ball. We don't. We try to win the ball back individually. If the ball breaks we don't have another man close enough to pick it up. When we're trying to create we no longer play short, sharp passes in triangles, designed to turn the opposition around. All we do is play 15 - 20 yard passes in a very predictable pattern. Our football is a total bore. Our manager is totally clueless.

Surely being at Wigan showed him how a crap team gets beat. He oversaw it often enough.
We beat United counter attacking because they came at us. If a team plays for a bore draw or tries to counter us his system looks awful. Whether that's down to his formation, player selections or tactics is open to interpretation

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and you deserve credit for having been consistent with your opinions on Martinez, the problem is there are plenty who just look for any reason to slate him no matter what, because they never wanted him in the first place.
Not to sure I deserve credit for being a Miserable Mardarse mate.lol.

Plust I only Vent on Matchdays, the rest of the time I look for ways to take the Pess out of Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back