Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad this thread has resurfaced.

It's all well and good going on a good little run when the pressure is off. But how many times have we seen our team succumb to this tosh this season? If i was a manager, i'd rub my hands together when playing us. "Sit back, and hit them on the counter" is all they need to say.

We just can't break teams down, and despite Hull, Stoke, Swansea, Sunderland, Palace, West Brom, Leicester have all came to Goodison this season and went away with at least a point, so at what point does the penny drop in the managers head... "Hang on, maybe we need a plan B, this isn't working"... Well, it hasn't came. 7 of the so called "lesser" teams have taken points off us at "Fortress Goodison", which is simply unacceptable. We wouldn't accept it under Moyes, so why now?

Something doesn't sit right, how can players like Barkley go from being superstars, to absolute duds in the space of 12 months?

Yeah, well hopefully this lets Martinez know that he's by no means "Safe" in the fans eyes. Oh and for what it's worth, i actually don't think we were that bad today, just gravely unlucky, whereas Sunderland where the exact opposite!
But yeah, an extremely important off season for us. He needs depth, but quality depth, and some important starters... Calling Konoplyanka and co!

Can see why you'd say that because it ain't been good this season.No doubt. But, in my view we have some good players and I think they've under performed this year. By and large these players have had us in the top 6 for a few years now.

We do have some good players, and have showed in spells this season how good we are.

But....New manager coping with new challenges - Europe, more games. Young players dealing with the same. Old players coming to the end of their careers.

Personally believe it'll be completely different next season. Everyone will have learnt a lot from it.

Happened with Moyes.

Something doesn't sit right, how can players like Barkley go from being superstars, to absolute duds in the space of 12 months?
o!

He's not fit enough, none of them are. Look at the weight Barkley is carrying around his core, its been an issue all season with the majority of the players and it impacts on every aspect of their game.

Why are we accepting mediocrity? He is not good enough, we all know he is not good enough.

This board have managed to lower our expectations that much that we are accepting this. No other supposed big club fan base would be accepting this performance from a manager.
No they would fire a manager and get another one then fire him before hiring another one and promptly firing him without giving any of them sufficient time to make a sustained go at moving them upwards.

Thankfully though, we're Everton and not Newcastle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back