Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kopite levels of historical revisionism here.
Speaking of Kopites, yesterday reminded me of the season when Benitez blew the title because he insisted on having both Alonso and Mascherano sitting deep, even when playing the worst teams in the league at Anfield.

No reason not to just have Barkley alongside one of Barry/McCarthy/Besic when we're up against teams that are never going to do anything but camp on the edge of their own box.

Speaking of Kopites, yesterday reminded me of the season when Benitez blew the title because he insisted on having both Alonso and Mascherano sitting deep, even when playing the worst teams in the league at Anfield.

No reason not to just have Barkley alongside one of Barry/McCarthy/Besic when we're up against teams that are never going to do anything but camp on the edge of their own box.
Did you see how often he gave the ball away yesterday when he went into that role

Did you see how often he gave the ball away yesterday when he went into that role
He was poor yesterday, but he managed to hit a bit of form playing there during the recent good run, and I was disappointed when Martinez pushed him forward again.

He doesn't score or create enough to play off the striker, and is too stupid to adapt his game out wide. Either put him centre midfield or leave him on the bench.

Results like today used to shock me a little. Anger me even. By that I mean getting beat by a lesser team, that shouldn't beat us(although it can happen)

Nowadays I just kind of expect it's going to happen quite often. Doesn't shock or anger me. Just take it as standard with Martinez.

He's an average manager. Simples!! like a McGeady or kone on the playing staff...not good enough to take us forward imo.

This is me.

I'm seeing some comments saying Yesterday was a freak result/a one off... It wasn't. A team setup to stop us playing, succeeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back