Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the bits about Alcaraz and Kone stand out, I don't expect him to slate them in public but he sounds utterly deluded.

See where we are come Christmas next season and if he's not turned it round I hope they have the bollocks to get rid of him

Yeah the bits about Alcaraz and Kone stand out, I don't expect him to slate them in public but he sounds utterly deluded.

See where we are come Christmas next season and if he's not turned it round I hope they have the bollocks to get rid of him
What happened to your thread about the menace of women mate. Clicked on it expecting educational content and sweet FA ???

Fair do's to him fronting it after that season.

Hope hes playing it coy about having just Rom and Kone next year.

He honestly does though. It's like he's watching a different game and it's worrying. Lets just hope next season we bounce back, otherwise he needs to go.

He honestly does though. It's like he's watching a different game and it's worrying. Lets just hope next season we bounce back, otherwise he needs to go.

Yeah I appreciate he likes to be positive but he doesn't half talk some sh!t. Admittedly I am shallow and made allowances for that when we were doing well, but god I wish he'd shut his mouth now.

He's a football manager. Everything he says is done for a reason.
There are some positions he has to have and some he would like to engineer.

Never take anything at face value.

I'm assuming this is the interview what was mentioned last night where something really bad was supposed to come out about transfers ( or lack of ) and we were supposed to top ourselves?

I've been one of Martinez's harshest critics since Stoke away but there's nothing in that article which makes me think "oh ffs".

Yes he bigs up Alcaraz, he's going to otherwise he would have to admit he ballsed up big time and no manager tends to admit they are wrong. The Kone thing, yep I reckon he's talking sense such as he's spent 6m on Kone and next season he has to prove he wasn't a flop signing now he shpuld be fully over his injury. Howard, at least he admits it was the hardest decision he made in dropping Robles. The bit about players don't want to play for Everton they can get off I found interesting. Not sure if that's a dig at Garbutt or if there is someone else he is referring to. Also I like the way he has a plan set for Galloway, aka doing a Lescott and playing him left back to help his reading of the game.

All in all fair play to him for doing the interview. He does chat crap 80% of the time which I find really annoying but for me personally that's cleared a couple of things up for me that interview.

Right now I can't see next year being any different. He's so stuck in his ways and far too negative at home. The improvement this season came in spite of him, and not because of him.

To sell the best squad of players we've had in years so short is criminal. I've said all along that he deserves next year but I'm not convinced anymore. Why should he be allowed to manage us into decline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back