Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're getting a playmaker!

I thought his explanation of the tactics and how he sees us combatting the tactics of other teams was very understandable.

Who's the kid coming through? Ledson? I thought Dowell myself like. Sounds like RM really rates him anyway.

If there's going to be no spending on strikers, by the way: send your complaints to

Mr Bill Kenwright and Co.
Shaftesbury Avenue,
London.

Mark your envelope: "where's the bleedin' £35M going this season?"

Joseph's new Dreamcoat doesn't pay for itself Dave

There are some positive things from that interview. He does defend Alcaraz and Kone a bit but he's hardly gonna come out and say they're tosh is he?

He recognises the need for a playmaker, which allows us to be able to keep the ball for longer periods up the top end of the pitch without it coming straight back at us. This has been the case for years (even before Martinez) when Pienaar, Osman and even to a certain extent Fellaini were out. It's not exactly a new problem. People always want the ball moved forward quickly (I do too!) but if it's done without thought, then we'll just lose it and get hit on the counter. He's working towards a style of play, it seems like we've regressed somewhat from last year, but there's a long term plan there, and I'll be astounded if we don't see improvements next season.

He also acknowledges the need for the box to box dynamo that we all want to see. That sort of player doesn't come cheap, and if he'd rather wait a few years for someone he thinks is going to make it from the youth, that's fair enough. He's got the long term stability, he may as well use it. I always thought Barkley would be the best we currently have at that role, but I think there's too many question marks over his defensive ability and awareness still.

Was hoping we'd have a bit more money though. Do the maths from the TV deal and it doesn't seem to add up particularly. Money being funnelled to pay off debt? Or maybe the £7m odd we've lost from league placings has really hit home.

Fair play on the interview, very positive.
Love the comments on Alcaraz, "route 1" being plan b (an english mentality he has had to hear since 1995) and Gareth Barry.
To me, it highlighted what we already know - he knows far more about our club, the teams, tactics etc etc than everyone on this forum. Deserves alot more respect.

Regarding the interview

Empty words, Bit like the other clown over the park we buzz off, Our manager is the same bull crap merchant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back