Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rogers AND martinez are two guys who are in over there heads.

What worries me most is all this young talent we have is in the hands of martinez. There receiving there football education off a man who's learnt very little himself yet.

I know it may seem harsh but the board should grow a set. Look at all this young talent and go all out to bring in a quality experienced manager to build a successful side.

That lot over the park probably will!

Martinez: He's won a trophy

Rodgers: Hasn't.

Rogers AND martinez are two guys who are in over there heads.

What worries me most is all this young talent we have is in the hands of martinez. There receiving there football education off a man who's learnt very little himself yet.

Even the likes of Baines, Jags, Coleman etc need to go up that extra level....

I know it may seem harsh but the board should grow a set. Look at all this young talent and go all out to bring in a quality experienced manager to build a successful side.

That lot over the park probably will!
Like?

Depends who's available, how much the board are willing to pay etc...
Exactly, ive made the post early on this thread we dont have the money to take this approach, paying of managers, buying out managers, giving suitable transfer budgets, etc.

We're a club that has to give its managers time to have a go at fulfilling there long term plan in the hope it pays off. Was the case with moyes with his 5 year plans and its the same with roberto

Exactly, ive made the post early on this thread we dont have the money to take this approach, paying of managers, buying out managers, giving suitable transfer budgets, etc.

We're a club that has to give its managers time to have a go at fulfilling there long term plan in the hope it pays off. Was the case with moyes with his 5 year plans and its the same with roberto

This is a good point actually. I would be quite "meh" if Martinez left but then again paying him off for his 4 years remaining and then paying a new manager would surely eat up the probable chunk of wedge we have available. Things we need to happen -

Martinez to stop acting like Zippy and shut up
Martinez to find an ace Colombian playmaker whose name has 27 letters so we bring in additional revenue from the extra letters sold for the back of the shirt.
Alcaraz to disappear, take Howard with him and Petr Czech's plane gets grounded at JLA for a refuel and he bumps into Big Dunc who Jedi's him into signing for Everton.

If he does give alcaraz a new contract I'm getting money back for my season ticket and I'm done until he goes.

From that interview actually worried he will

His insinuation that the fans are xenophobic about Paraguay needs pulling up - absolutely disgraceful comment. And bloody stupid too.
If you listen to it instead of reading it he says it jokingly and they all laugh, think in writing it comes across wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back