Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the interview

Empty words, Bit like the other clown over the park we buzz off, Our manager is the same bull crap merchant

You're right, they're both cut from the same cloth in that respect.

I don't really care about that though, it's just bull and was refreshing for a few months at the beginning of last season but, even when we were playing well, the novelty quickly wore off. Results and performances are what matters. If he turns it round next season then he can talk as much bull as he likes, otherwise he can say tata.

You're right, they're both cut from the same cloth in that respect.

I don't really care about that though, it's just bull and was refreshing for a few months at the beginning of last season but, even when we were playing well, the novelty quickly wore off. Results and performances are what matters. If he turns it round next season then he can talk as much bull as he likes, otherwise he can say tata.

Its annoying that blues laugh at Rodgers but can't see our own manager is just as bad at the media bull

Whoppy do

You say that, but it's not a bad thing. He should be applauded for his openness. Name me other managers that have had the same open lines of communication with the fans? Not many, and it's almost unheard of in the Premier League.

If you listen to the actual interview, he actually explains his thinking.

You may not agree with it - there's plenty I didn't agree with and winced at upon hearing - but at least the communication is there.

This is a step above the Smith and Moyes era, where totalitarian regimes were in place and no-one questioned anything, nor did the managers ever explain anything.

And I'm saying this as someone who has said Martinez wasn't for me and should go. I respect the fact that at least he is explaining himself.

You say that, but it's not a bad thing. He should be applauded for his openness. Name me other managers that have had the same open lines of communication with the fans? Not many, and it's almost unheard of in the Premier League.

If you listen to the actual interview, he actually explains his thinking.

You may not agree with it - there's plenty I didn't agree with and winced at upon hearing - but at least the communication is there.

This is a step above the Smith and Moyes era, where totalitarian regimes were in place and no-one questioned anything, nor did the managers ever explain anything.

And I'm saying this as someone who has said Martinez wasn't for me and should go. I respect the fact that at least he is explaining himself.

Fair play on the interview, very positive.
Love the comments on Alcaraz, "route 1" being plan b (an english mentality he has had to hear since 1995) and Gareth Barry.
To me, it highlighted what we already know - he knows far more about our club, the teams, tactics etc etc than everyone on this forum. Deserves alot more respect.

Hahahaha.

Hes a clueless moron, he knows more about our club?

LOL

Any Alcaraz type signings this summer and it will be reflected as such in support levels. Martinez can help himself by signing Everton type-players.

He's not at Wigan any more.

Just listened to his interview. Fair play to him again fomeeting with fans again but I'm not happy with what I heard at all, it was same old bollocks that won't wash.
  • Playing Thursday-Sunday was a massive hindrance (When a year ago he said that was a myth)
  • We haven't become predictable in our playing style (Did he watch the home games against WBA, Leicester, Stoke, Palace, Swansea?)
  • Howard has been outstanding and still deserves to be our no.1 (Absolute garbage)
  • Kone deserves more time to show fans his best (No, injury or not he's had his chance now and not offered enough. He's too old)
  • The reaction to Kiev was the highlight of the season?! (EFF OFF)
  • He's lost the plot regarding Alcaraz

Rogers AND martinez are two guys who are in over there heads.

What worries me most is all this young talent we have is in the hands of martinez. There receiving there football education off a man who's learnt very little himself yet.

Even the likes of Baines, Jags, Coleman etc need to go up that extra level....

I know it may seem harsh but the board should grow a set. Look at all this young talent and go all out to bring in a quality experienced manager to build a successful side.

That lot over the park probably will!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back