Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you sell Mirallas the most you'd get is about £15m. At that point we have £15m and our wide options consist of McGeady and Pienaar. You then need to get in two wide players alone for next season, never mind a creative player and a centre half.

We are not going to get top five, or even top six, without significant investment.

What about that lad who plays wide, that fast kid

Martinez doesn't use two out and out wide players. We could replace Mirallas with half his fee by retaining Lennon. McGeady is the option to turn to. Players like Pienaar, Osman Cleverley can play in a wide berth. Oviedo can be used further up the pitch too.

We could use a fair chunk of the Mirallas fee and add it to a £10M transfer pot to bring in a playmaker and CB. Loan deals can also be made use of.

£20M-£30M net spend is over-egging the pudding. I'd like to see it, but I think it's an overshoot regarding what would be needed to get a shot at 5th.

Osman and Cleverley in a wide berth. Think we'll need to give that a wide berth if we want top 5, frankly.

Could give the utter fraud 250m and he would prolly take us no further than 8th.

Cant spot a player
Cant select a team
Doesnt have a clue with regards tactics
Clueless biff

Osman and Cleverley in a wide berth. Think we'll need to give that a wide berth if we want top 5, frankly.

Retain all our decent players barring Mirallas and add a couple of new faces at CB/number 10 and I'd see that as a basis for improvement.

I trust Martinez to do what he's done since he arrived: exit a transfer window with a stronger squad than we entered it.

Retain all our decent players barring Mirallas and add a couple of new faces at CB/number 10 and I'd see that as a basis for improvement.

I trust Martinez to do what he's done since he arribed: exit a transfer window with a stringer squad than we entered it.

Nice spelling you utter Goldfish,

Bob, Bob, Bob, Bob

I trust Martinez to do what he's done since he arribed: exit a transfer window with a stringer squad than we entered it.
Arriba!_cover.JPG

speedy-gonzales-A.gif

Not liking your racial undertones here David Kay

We'll see who's laughing next season when Snr Roberto leads us to silverware...and I'm not talking about the 7th place piss pot Sgt Major ginger minge 'achieved' either.

We'll see who's laughing next season when Snr Roberto leads us to silverware...and I'm not talking about the 7th place piss pot Sgt Major ginger minge 'achieved' either.

So 3rd then?

Cos Moyes got us to 4th, not 4th from bottom like El Fraudo will do with his Wigan reject production line.

Jurgen Klopp would be interested in moving to an ‘exciting’ Premier League club when he returns to management, his agent has revealed.

The enigmatic German left Borussia Dortmund at the end of the season after seven years with the Bundesliga club, leading them to two league titles, the German Cup and a Champions League final in his time at the helm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back