Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sticking to my version!

But do you really think that the team goes out without any instructions about corners?

From memory, I am pretty sure that is the impression I got.

I am sure someone posted a YouTube link to the comments the next day.

Was it the Kiev home game?

Baines, who is currently out of the side because of an injury, was a pundit for ITV's coverage of his team's 2-1 win over Dinamo Kiev.

'I'm not too sure,' said Baines, when asked whether it was Tim Howard's decision not to have a man on the near post at corners, or if the orders came from Martinez.

'We get the organisation before the game from the manager and the assistant manager before the game, so I'm not too sure who makes the final call.'

(From the Daily Mail)

So the team does get instructions on the organisation before each game.

Martinez could either instruct a man on the near post, or give Tim Howard the responsibility to make a decision during the game.

Baines wasn't at the briefing for this game, so he didn't know what the specific instructions were.

It seems clear enough to me.

I think it's only attacking set pieces that they don't practice. Not even the maddest of mad managers would neglect defending free kicks and corners.

I certainly do.
Do you really think that the team are specfically asked to answer all questions about our tactics, at corners or otherwise, or do you really think that its quite sensible not to get into discussion about our tactics in the public domain? Someone as smart/savvy as Mourhino would have quite frankly taken the .... if asked a question like that.

Do you really think that the team are specfically asked to answer all questions about our tactics, at corners or otherwise, or do you really think that its quite sensible not to get into discussion about our tactics in the public domain? Someone as smart/savvy as Mourhino would have quite frankly taken the .... if asked a question like that.
Thought someone would bite

What's the point being made here? That he's not in control of the squad of players he has under him?

If so, I dont think it shows that at all. He's dealt with Distin in no uncertain fashion. He's cooked: stick a fork in him because he's gone and was gone at Christmas. Baines is a nothing story that you'd find anywhere at any club. I dont see that as being a major deal whatsoever that he was surprised at being asked to play in an unfamiliar position. Lukaku and Mirallas are coming to us from foreign papers and who knows what the actual words and intent was. Garbutt was a poor one to make, naive and disrespectful...which tells me a lot about his character and why i wouldn't give a flying one if/when he goes. He's a wrongun, imo.

Still, all these scenarios of players with loose tongues took place under Moyes' time here and his grip over the squad was not quesioned in this fashion, so why with this feller? Because he doesn't gurn his face like a lunatic and scream in players' faces?
Calm down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back