Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
What? Before Quique Flores, Alex Neil, Eddie Howe, Nigel Pearson, Tim Flowers, [Poor language removed] Advocaat, Slaven Bilic and Steve McLaren?
Mike Ashley and the WHU owners have sacked about 3 managers between them in a combined 35 years of owning clubs so I doubt Billic or McLaren will go

What? Before Quique Flores, Alex Neil, Eddie Howe, Nigel Pearson, Tim Flowers, [Poor language removed] Advocaat, Slaven Bilic and Steve McLaren?

Edit; Apologies, [Poor language removed]. I don't think it's personal.
Yes , North East clubs have new managers, London clubs established managers, West Ham have a new manager, and for someone that never looks beyond Wigan tor reinforcements I reckon Martinez wil be gone by October the man is a fraud,and there will be nowhere to hide, come the Autumn,and from someone that was pleased when he arrived I say good riddance.

Mike Ashley and the WHU owners have sacked about 3 managers between them in a combined 35 years of owning clubs so I doubt Billic or McLaren will go

Newcastle have had ten managers since Ashley took control! Pardew walked, but most of them were sacked.

Gold and Sullivan took over at West Ham in 2010. Bilic is their fourth manager.

Last edited:
If our form improved vastly like you say it will no one will be disappointed. It's not about any individual being right or wrong, it's about Everton doing as well as they can given the circumstance of the board, last season was not, you say it will get better, I say it won't get better enough to justify him staying. If you're right we all win if I'm right all your goading is gonna bite you on the Ass an make you look V Stupid, then Everton can move on.
Why am I the one 'goading'?

I'm arguing from evidence (the evidence of the man's record elsewhere and here in his first season), you're arguing from prejudice. Who is the cynical party here really? Not me.

Rodgers will go due to having a board with ambition, the only thing that will get rid of Martinez is fan power but due to a small time nature of a good chunk of our fans we are happy to exist, whilst we dream of signing Lennon, Cleverley and some other has beens or even never beens.

...like Lescott, Cahill, Jagielka, Coleman...all those has beens and never has beens.

Newcastle have had ten managers since Ashley took control! Pardew walked, but most of them were sacked.

Allardyce was at Newcastle as he took over, Keegan walked hughton sacked and Pardew walked and carver was interim, Zola was sacked along with grant allardyce saw out his contract.

So you reckon they are going to get shut of Bilic ? Before the wonderful Martinez goes, I think the odds will be a a lot shorter on Martinez.

...like Lescott, Cahill, Jagielka, Coleman...all those has beens and never has beens.
all of which bought for the cost of what 13 million I'll take more of that business than 13 million on Kone Besic mcgeady an Robles

He'll be sacked when our new chairman comes in and decides to get a proper manager in who wants to win matches rather than passing stats.

So yeah, he pretty certainly will still be here in 4 years time unless he walks as the former ain't likely to happen.

Worse thing is you never even mentioned our current potential signings which suggest you are happy with them. You of all people who have been constant in your critiiscm of our small time board now they have a manager to act out their small time ambition

I'm arguing from evidence (the evidence of the man's record elsewhere and here in his first season), you're arguing from prejudice. Who is the cynical party here really? Not me.
You're not stupid, you know what you are doing, what sort of adult refers to his football teams manager as 'the boss man' ? FFS

He'll be sacked when our new chairman comes in and decides to get a proper manager in who wants to win matches rather than passing stats.

So yeah, he pretty certainly will still be here in 4 years time unless he walks as the former ain't likely to happen.
21 wins out of 38 games...sounds like this new chairman would have found his manager already in place.

image.webp

200w.gif

Worse thing is you never even mentioned our current potential signings which suggest you are happy with them. You of all people who have been constant in your critiiscm of our small time board now they have a manager to act out their small time ambition
Cleverley? Yes. Micah Richards? Yes. Dann? No idea, he's never registered with me...then again, neither had Jagielka or Lescott.

Maybe I should be unhappy that he's not gone out and bought Pique and David Silva?

Rodgers will go due to having a board with ambition, the only thing that will get rid of Martinez is fan power but due to a small time nature of a good chunk of our fans we are happy to exist, whilst we dream of signing Lennon, Cleverley and some other has beens or even never beens.

Yeah cracking post, calling a good chunk of our fans small time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back