Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not end of, it's possible though.

Let's wait and see if he can make the same impact that cheap buys like Arteta, Cahill and Pienaar did before jumping to conclusions.

Not to mention Coleman, Stones, etc, from the current side.
You'll not find me mocking Moyes transfer dealings, I was simply pointing out the Martinez pluck Mo from nowhere.
Anyone who bought Cahill for around £2M, Seamus for the price of a second hand sports car and Cruyff for £3M from t'Yorkshire knows his stuff.

Not end of, it's possible though.

Let's wait and see if he can make the same impact that cheap buys like Arteta, Cahill and Pienaar did before jumping to conclusions.

Not to mention Coleman, Stones, etc, from the current side.

When he was at Wigan, Martinez did try to sign Stones.

The conspiracy theorists say that he was happy to let Stones sign for Everton.

Inflation-wise and taking into consideration the huge increase in price of players he's done well. Very well. Signing McCarthy for £13M in 2013 is the equivalent of paying £4.5M for Yobo in 10 years earlier.
I think he paid about the going rate for a defensive midfielder with a very limited range of passing.

Besic. End of.

Yeah, Besic has taken the Premiership by storm. He must have a value of about 20 million pound, given his age and unlimited potential. I'm not even arsed about possibly losing James McCarthy, because Besic is the fourth best CDM in the premier league, after McCarthy, Fellaini and Barry, obviously. It's quite remarkable how Everton have had the best CDM's in the league for about five years now, and if Besic improves then the trend may continue for even longer.

Martinez isn't even close to being as good as Moyes in the transfer market... yet!

Still has plenty of time to improve things though.

But 50/50 for me so far

Yeah, Besic has taken the Premiership by storm. He must have a value of about 20 million pound, given his age and unlimited potential. I'm not even arsed about possibly losing James McCarthy, because Besic is the fourth best CDM in the premier league, after McCarthy, Fellaini and Barry, obviously. It's quite remarkable how Everton have had the best CDM's in the league for about five years now, and if Besic improves then the trend may continue for even longer.

Matic is without question the best CDM in the league.

Don't know about a mask.

Did anyone really think Roberto was more than an untried media tart with pretty eyes and a nice set of teeth?

He may well turn out to be a genius but our joke of a chairman took a punt as if he was auditioning the lead in one of his dodgy musicals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back