Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I thought he got nearly every touch wrong...he had the one cross that cause problems.

First few touches were woeful.

Yeah I agree. It's okay to have rusty performances and poor touches when a players coming back from injury.

What I don't like is half arsed effort and sulking if things don't come off or someone's not passing him.

Really do wonder what goes through the man's mind sometimes. Why he left Mirallas and Deulofeu on the bench the entire game but brought Naismith on for 20 minutes in a game where we were getting rinsed down the flanks is beyond. Be arsed with another season of his sh*te tactics and having favourites who offer next to nothing.

Really do wonder what goes through the man's mind sometimes. Why he left Mirallas and Deulofeu on the bench the entire game but brought Naismith on for 20 minutes in a game where we were getting rinsed down the flanks is beyond. Be arsed with another season of his sh*te tactics and having favourites who offer next to nothing.

Yeah I know Mirallas and Deulofeu are so disciplined defensively and would have locked down their threat on our left wouldn't they..

Important week for bobby needs backing in the market we need at least three or four players.
With the fixture list coming up he will be under real pressure if he isnt .
Needs to make a few hard decision s on a few players Howard being one as he cant be allowed to carry on like last season as one of the worst keepers in the prem statistics say it it and anyone with any grasp of the game can see it.
Hope he gets the backing because he cant survive another season like the last one.

Because we were getting out numbered and really struggling to contain city on our left, he brought naismith on to try and prtect browning. Mirralas wouldnt have helped him.

We were one v nil down at home and had been out numbered down there all game. I think mirallas would have given Sagna something to think about going the other way and would have been a more effective sub as we tried to get an equaliser.

I don't think Martinez likes kev much...cannot understand bringing Naismith on instead of him at all in that situation today.

I understand why he didn't opt for bringing kev on at LW as they were having most joy there and browning needed some help.

However imo what he should of done was move cleveley over there and brought kev on to link up with Coleman on the right where we were just starting to have plenty of joy ourselves.

In general he is the main exponent of the sideways rubbish that stops us from attacking quicker. I don't see how we'd be worse off putting Cleverley in his position then putting a winger outside.

Barry has done fine again so far. Suprise, surprise, as roberto has changed his tactics Barry has been much better playing the game the way he's played it all his career, instead of being told to drop between the cb's and try and find marked midfielders.

I understand why he didn't opt for bringing kev on at LW as they were having most joy there and browning needed some help.

However imo what he should of done was move cleveley over there and brought kev on to link up with Coleman on the right where we were just starting to have plenty of joy ourselves.

Yep good shout. I thought he might have switched cleverley over midway through the first half tbh. Kolarov and sterling are also a handful mind! Shows we need all of our top players fot against the title chasing sides...missed baines a lot today.

But Coleman and Mirallas don't link up very well.

In fact I'd go so far to say they're like strangers on and probably off the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back