Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was 1-0 - well within reach (if that divvy Howard hadn't doubled their lead). You just dont go throwing on the kitchen sink against a team like that capable of hitting hard on the break.

Your right I suppose, I mean, your 1-0 down, surely the best option is to replace a Striker who has played left wing all game, with another striker and stick him left wing.

I mean its always better to keep the wingers on the bench and bring them on with 2 minutes left when your 2-0 down, the mans an actual footballing genius.

He sadly has the tactical nous of a strangled cat.

Everton 3-0 Arsenal
Everton 3-0 Southampton
Wigan 2-1 Arsenal
Wigan 4-0 Newcastle United
Wigan 1-0 Manchester United
Wigan 1-0 Manchester City
Everton 2-0 Manchester United
Everton 1-0 Chelsea

All tremendous tactical victories against more fancied sides. He sprung tactical surprises in all those games as well and played a different style of football in each.

Everton 3-0 Arsenal
Everton 3-0 Southampton
Wigan 2-1 Arsenal
Wigan 4-0 Newcastle United
Wigan 1-0 Manchester United
Wigan 1-0 Manchester City
Everton 2-0 Manchester United
Everton 1-0 Chelsea

All tremendous tactical victories against more fancied sides. He sprung tactical surprises in all those games as well and played a different style of football in each.

He's been a manager for 8 years. Beating a good team once a year isn't the record you think it is.

He's been a manager for 8 years. Beating a good team once a year isn't the record you think it is.

All of those victories have been in the last four years. One of those victories has been in an FA Cup Final against a side 100x better than his. His tactical nous isn't to be questioned, the lack of investment from the board should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back