Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
We;d have all taken 4 points from the first three games at the beginning of the season.

If we get over a point per game for the first 10 games and get those nightmare run of fixtures out of the way we'll be on schedule for a decent season.

Acceptable minimum I'd say.

Hes hit and miss, all the misses makes me believe he simply got lucky with his hits.

And lets not bring his wigan record into an Everton discussion, hes not the wigan manager anymore.

I think he's a manager who likes to try things, but ultimately has a style he wants to impose on a team, and his main negative is his patience, which should be greater to bring about that style.

Let's be honest, he had to beat us (who often bottle it) and Man City.

Which is two very good teams.

The bottling thing is precisely the point, btw. We had a team who'd won the last 3 quarter finals they'd played and he had a team who had never played in a quarter final before. And we were at home.

That we felt the presure and fell apart and they didn't is completely to his credit.

Acceptable minimum I'd say.

Not great, not bad. Middling.

It gets us 7th spot at the moment. That'll do. More importantly we're competitive and playing some decent footy in games - undermined only by useless goalies and CBs who cant compete for a ball in their own box without presenting a chance for the opposition.

I would have accepted 7 points but preferred 9 from the first 3 games.
Think Martinez deserves a bit of stick for bringing Naismith on instead of a more direct threat. Infact I expected the game was over at this point, which is really frustrating concidering we should have been ahead at half time.

I thought he got his tactics wrong today.

Im just stating that, if you dont like it, use the ignore option, otherwise, jog on.
Your right mate - more about containment then actually having a go..Naismith and Cleverley as wingers underlines the point. Their back 4 if harried make mistakes, we never got close and that is down to tactics. Full house in what is a free game but we lie down and got what we deserved.

I thought he got his tactics wrong today.

Im just stating that, if you dont like it, use the ignore option, otherwise, jog on.

If we would've gone after them in earnest, they would have destroyed us.

Citeh on their day are one of the best offensive sides in the world. Only so much can be done, especially when you're on your 5th string LB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back