Everton 3-0 Arsenal
Everton 3-0 Southampton
Wigan 2-1 Arsenal
Wigan 4-0 Newcastle United
Wigan 1-0 Manchester United
Wigan 1-0 Manchester City
Everton 2-0 Manchester United
Everton 1-0 Chelsea

All tremendous tactical victories against more fancied sides. He sprung tactical surprises in all those games as well and played a different style of football in each.

Hes hit and miss, all the misses makes me believe he simply got lucky with his hits.

And lets not bring his wigan record into an Everton discussion, hes not the wigan manager anymore.

All of those victories have been in the last four years. One of those victories has been in an FA Cup Final against a side 100x better than his. His tactical nous isn't to be questioned, the lack of investment from the board should be.

He kept players worth over 20m on the bench today and played players that were frees, was it Bills fault we had such a terrible team shape today?

Your right I suppose, I mean, your 1-0 down, surely the best option is to replace a Striker who has played left wing all game, with another striker and stick him left wing.

I mean its always better to keep the wingers on the bench and bring them on with 2 minutes left when your 2-0 down, the mans an actual footballing genius.

We didn't need no stinking wingers last week did we?

...and by your own admission Deulofeu looked rubbish even in warm up...and that divvy Mirallas is a headless chicken.

Everton 3-0 Arsenal
Everton 3-0 Southampton
Wigan 2-1 Arsenal
Wigan 4-0 Newcastle United
Wigan 1-0 Manchester United
Wigan 1-0 Manchester City
Everton 2-0 Manchester United
Everton 1-0 Chelsea

All tremendous tactical victories against more fancied sides. He sprung tactical surprises in all those games as well and played a different style of football in each.
Yeah, but Wigan had all that money....

Hes hit and miss, all the misses makes me believe he simply got lucky with his hits.

And lets not bring his wigan record into an Everton discussion, hes not the wigan manager anymore.

Hit and miss is fair.

But the hits are high enough that I think we all hope we can do that consistently. And you can see why chairmen want him in the hope that he'll settle down and start hitting those heights more often. Any manager who can win an fa cup with wigan has something about him.

And honestly, I don't think we've had a bad start to the season.

Hit and miss is fair.

But the hits are high enough that I think we all hope we can do that consistently. And you can see why chairmen want him in the hope that he'll settle down and start hitting those heights more often. Any manager who can win an fa cup with wigan has something about him.

2 terrible home games IMO.

But I agree, not the worst start, but our fixtures dont get any easier.

Hit and miss is fair.

Let's be honest, he had to beat us (who often bottle it) and Man City.

Whole league must be dreading playing Watford at Home!
We;d have all taken 4 points from the first three games at the beginning of the season.

If we get over a point per game for the first 10 games and get those nightmare run of fixtures out of the way we'll be on schedule for a decent season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back