Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always been a fan of Slaven Billic and still would prefer him to Martinez. Simply because Billic has far more passion than Roberto, he doesn't just allow his team's to just play the same way and get nowhere. Take today for example, there was a huge amount of space on the wings, yet he took quite a long time to put Gerard on. Naismith did ok but if Mirallas had been brought on earlier, I think we would have won. Martinez is a great manager, teams set up in a way that suit our his tactical mind set. However he struggles to change his system as the game goes on.

I have always been a fan of Slaven Billic and still would prefer him to Martinez. Simply because Billic has far more passion than Roberto, he doesn't just allow his team's to just play the same way and get nowhere. Take today for example, there was a huge amount of space on the wings, yet he took quite a long time to put Gerard on. Naismith did ok but if Mirallas had been brought on earlier, I think we would have won. Martinez is a great manager, teams set up in a way that suit our his tactical mind set. However he struggles to change his system as the game goes on.
Let's see where both teams are at the end of the season.

Sherwood has passion too mate...

We've only drew away to Swansea mate ffs. GET BILIC IN NOW!

Maybe you really have always been a Bilic fan and have always thought you'd rather have him over Martinez, but I swear these posts only pop up when we don't win.

You're a looney.

Proud of his gameplan today. Second half domination should have lead to something tangible. Clinical finish by our forwards wasn't in today's script. I can't fault Martinez for that. Maybe the subs could have freshened things up earlier. But who knew?

Picked such a predictable team beyond the back 4, everyone knew Naismith would walk into the side after Chelsea but it was the wrong call. We know from 30 odd games last season he's just not good enough as a starter - he's an impact player and that should be his roll for most games. Lennon should've started but RM didn't the balls to drop either Kone or not pick Naismith and why is he so reluctant to give Deulofeu a go. There are too many RM favourites in this team for my liking and it's doing my head in

Picked such a predictable team beyond the back 4, everyone knew Naismith would walk into the side after Chelsea but it was the wrong call. We know from 30 odd games last season he's just not good enough as a starter - he's an impact player and that should be his roll for most games. Lennon should've started but RM didn't the balls to drop either Kone or not pick Naismith and why is he so reluctant to give Deulofeu a go. There are too many RM favourites in this team for my liking and it's doing my head in
rom buries his chances and we're buzzing about a mutli goal away win. lineup was fine

We have improved no doubt, but I just wish he would make tactical substitutions earlier. That game was there to be won yesterday. We draw far too many games.

What sort of message does it send out to players fighting for a place if they are dropped after scoring a hat trick? Kone has been one of our best players so far this season too he didn't deserve to be dropped yesterday. If we don't reward players for playing well, they won't continue to do so. The line up was predictable but it was the correct one to chose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back