Roberto Martinez Shenanigans: All Reaction Here

How do you feel about the Roberto Martinez hiring?

• Great hire. He'll do better than Moyes.

Votes: 65 18.4%
  • Good hire. There were better available.

Votes: 116 32.9%
  • Meh

Votes: 59 16.7%
  • Wasn't the worst. Wasn't the best.

Votes: 96 27.2%
  • We're getting relegated.

Votes: 17 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know how reliable this lad is, but fair play if this turns out to be true already considering Everton have not commented yet

Mate, it was obvious he was going to bring them in, and Merro is taking that off an article from off the web or in a rag cos i read it, it was an interview by Lee Trundle and even he called Jones is bad cop to him being a good cop, Martinez the positive, thinking type, Jones the ranter and raver.

Bergara as gone with him everywhere and expect Kevin Reeves to follow as scout aswell.

I have my doubts about his ability to handle as club a big as our's but now is the time to get behined the Manger and the players and judge them as they go. I'm not overwhelmed just now but nor was I when Moyes first arrived. Come on Bobby prove the doubters wrong!

Last edited:
When Moyes came in, Everton were constantly in the bottom half of the table. Everton are now regularly in the top half

Thus, Martinez has to maintain the teams current progress of at the very least do just slightly worse

Relegation dog fight is too much of a drop from where the team is now, so logic dictates he should be sacked

Relegation dog fight was also too much of a drop from finishing 7th under Moyes when he was given £10m to spend NET in his first two seasons. Look what happened after he was given time.

Absolutely delighted been banging the drum for Martinez for years never thought we'd
get him.

Can't believe some have turned against him before a ball is kicked
fckn scandalous behaviour get a grip
you complete tools if ever Evertonians
should be together it's at the
appointment of a new manager - if
you've got nothing good to say keep it
shut.

Doubtless you'll be on here in droves
as soon as we don't win a game - fkn grow up.

This is very rich from you considering the stick you have given Moyes for ages. Absolute hypocrite.

Thoroughly disappointed, and I ain't gonna hide it. After so much speculation & anticipation it's such anticlimax that we've settled on friggin' Roberto Martinez...

I'll support him, and I sincerely hope he proves me wrong, but I can't help feeling that this is a poor appointment, particularly if we've had to pay Wigan compo. FFS.

I'm trying to remember that what happened at Wigan doesn't mean that will happen at Everton. Wigan could have just been a terrible fit for Martinez. He could really thrive here. No matter what though, I'm all in and counting down the days for the season!

I'll reiterate that I'll support the team, but if I think he's doing a rubbish job, I'll say it

That being said, if he does well, I'll admit it.

If we're literally anywhere above 18th at Christmas, then he'll retain my support. If we're lower, he can sod off

I'll reiterate that I'll support the team, but if I think he's doing a rubbish job, I'll say it

That being said, if he does well, I'll admit it.

If we're literally anywhere above 18th at Christmas, then he'll retain my support. If we're lower, he can sod off

If you genuinely believe that Martinez will have this squad around 18th at Christmas, then im sorry, you're an idiot.

When Moyes came in, Everton were constantly in the bottom half of the table. Everton are now regularly in the top half

Thus, Martinez has to maintain the teams current progress of at the very least do just slightly worse

Relegation dog fight is too much of a drop from where the team is now, so logic dictates he should be sacked

There's a gap between 6th and a relegation dogfight. 7th/8th and another Wembley appearance would be a very decent start. Let's not get ahead of ourselves, we still have Kenwright as the dead hand on every manager.

with the exception of General Franco, and flick-knives concealed within silk shirts

I think Spanish stuff is usually good

get with the times thats soooooo yesterday mate! its all about the germans now!!

you are still sporting a goaty beard aint ya! come on admit it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back