Roberto Martinez Shenanigans: All Reaction Here

How do you feel about the Roberto Martinez hiring?

• Great hire. He'll do better than Moyes.

Votes: 65 18.4%
  • Good hire. There were better available.

Votes: 116 32.9%
  • Meh

Votes: 59 16.7%
  • Wasn't the worst. Wasn't the best.

Votes: 96 27.2%
  • We're getting relegated.

Votes: 17 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jagielka, Baines, Pienaar, Gibson > Alcaraz, Figueroa, Gomez, Mc-bloody-Carthey

We will be fine.

*disclaimer, I picked players at random and realise I could have picked different ones.

think it was more due to a good team rather than sousa though if i'm being honest. played some dour football and loads of 0-0's. Rodgers getting the team up the next season shows how good the team was.

on another topic, can't believe all the mystic megs on here. "we're going to get relegated" "lack of ambition" etc. didn't know you could see into the future, get behind our new manager ffs. If things go wrong and he's doing a terrible job then you have the right to moan. We've hired a 39 year old manager who has already won a league title and an FA Cup at two small teams with very little history. Didn't pereira get sacked by a 2nd and 3rd division club? let's face it there aren't many good managers out there, liverpool only managed to appoint a manager sacked by reading and watford and they are a more attractive (business wise) club than us.

also, why is everyone so adament he'll bring wigan players with him? not every single manager brings his ex-players with him to a new job and for the same reason why are you so adament that we'll lose our key players to united?

just chill and support the toffees ffs, stop getting so angry before anything has happened, right pair of stressed eric's in here.
Martinez bought some real class players for swansea for the division they were in, if he can pick up gems like ferrie bodde for us without injury problems i'll be very happy.

Why have I not the right to get miffed by this?

Stop telling me what to do.

I am fed up with arse wipe lying Bill.

I will listed? who too? you got the third choice.

I will back Martinez, but I will boo Bill and hope he sells our club soon.

Every new manager is a gamble. We would be nervous whoever came in. Its that 'fear of the unknown' aspect that everyone is feeling right now. Will he be good? Will he be crap? At this moment we don't know. He has a point to prove, that's for sure. This appointment will be a defining moment in his life, and he will know that. I personally see a lot of positives in appointing Martinez, and so I will be positive in my support. Lets all stick together and be positive.

I was hoping for someone else, but Martinez will have my support, and hopefully my patience. My hope is that Martinez has to be hungry for success.

1. He's been handed the keys to a Top 6 club after just being relegated. These opportunities don't come around very often.

2. If he fails with Everton, and drags them down the table, his reputation will forever be sealed as a Manager who cannot push his clubs forward. In short, his "up and coming rep" is flushed down the toilet. So I can only imagine that he is going to work hard for the club as well as for himself.

3. Wigan helped him learn(You would hope!) how to correct his mistakes. My biggest worry with Martinez is that for 4 years with Wigan his defense seemed to get worse and not improve.

Buena Suerte Roberto!

Thoroughly disappointed, and I ain't gonna hide it. After so much speculation & anticipation it's such anticlimax that we've settled on friggin' Roberto Martinez...

I'll support him, and I sincerely hope he proves me wrong, but I can't help feeling that this is a poor appointment, particularly if we've had to pay Wigan compo. FFS.

So True

Jagielka, Baines, Pienaar, Gibson > Alcaraz, Figueroa, Gomez, Mc-bloody-Carthey

We will be fine.

*disclaimer, I picked players at random and realise I could have picked different ones.

the trouble is though mate after a striker its the center backs who will need replacing due to age!!

*shudders

Has a manager ever won a consecutive FA cup with two different clubs?

IT'S ON!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back