Rodwell to City!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
City's reject to come good while we send one over to them? utter joke.

We've just said goodbye to a young English midfielder to the champions of England...yet we don't rate him.

We almost sold hin to Chelsea in January too. Yet, we don't rate him.

We've missed a trick here imo

Give over mate, the fact that big clubs spend money on overrated players is nothing new. Don't try and use Chelsea and City trying to buy him as proof that he's up to it. We'll see what happens at City with him, i personally predict he'll be at another club within 3 years, and not an improvement.

Wish I could glance back at that Rodwell thread where I was lambasted for considering selling him a year or two ago to United when interest was reportedly high, and the fee may have been 60-70% higher than the one we receive now.

He is our best young player so it sends a terrible message, as was the case with Jeffers, Rooney and the like. For Rodwell I do feel this is a great opportunity, city are light in the middle and a couple of midfielders look likely to be moved on too. Could blossom alongside Yaya and behind Silva and co.

How much of this fee will be reinvested, if any? Your guess is as good as mine. The team definitely needs strengthening before the window shuts.

This.

He's gonna be boss if he starts getting games, improve no end. Champos league too.

Took a step up. But I bet he never wanted to go and we've booted him out

Barkley won't be here long either

Well i'm glad this is done now and not the last minute of the transfer window and we couldn't get anyone in with the money. Sad to see Rodwell go but tbh we could do with the money and to be spent well by moyesy. I'm not gutted we're losing Rodders but just a surprise and come from nowhere.
At least we have time to get some new player/s in, our squad needs it and will give a huge boost to the players

Not happy with this, and not happy with so called Blues attitude towards a massive blue.

We will regret selling Rodwell.

In 2 years time, when he has 20 England caps, few medals, and loads of football undfer his belt, he will be one of the best in the country, and those cheering now, will be crying about how we have been "screwed" and how Rodders fecked us off !!!

Great post

Also, too many people in this thread who think he's got potential and will be star because of what they are told by the media.

If it's 15million it's good business,take the sentiment out of the equation and he just has'nt progressed at all.
We owe Roy Hodgson for picking him in the latest England squad,lets just trust Moyes's judgement.
Lets hope Junior steps up or Neville has a good season as back up to Gibson,we must reinvest the majority of the money on
a right sided midfield player and back up forward.

we are selling a player who hasnt really done it in a blue shirt for some time, and people are complaining? Theres potential there but he will never realise that at Everton.

He will be a great player, but I can't see him reaching his full potential under Moyes and this coaching staff so that's very good money indeed.

I am happy for any moneys to go to the bank......we need to pay of debt and it can only serve us well in the future........god knows Kenwrong and the rest of the Muppets on the board are not going to be paying any of it off. Rather that then wasting on an older/no resale value player. Who else could we have gotten that money for and not really affected the way we play or our chances.

Colin Fitzpatrickâ€￾@fitzcolin

Everton satisfy debt to offshore company Vibrac and three other large loans from Barclays according to latest Companies House information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back