Rodwell to City!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all about how Moyes spends the money now, these funds could be our chance to jump into the top 5 this season. If he goes out and buys players of Heitinga and Cahill quality then we're sorted. It's buying another Bily that i'm scared about.

Definitely don't want another Bily. Someone good enough to make the first team straight away e.g. Donovan, and a young-player would be decent enough for me.

Wish I could glance back at that Rodwell thread where I was lambasted for considering selling him a year or two ago to United when interest was reportedly high, and the fee may have been 60-70% higher than the one we receive now.

He is our best young player so it sends a terrible message, as was the case with Jeffers, Rooney and the like. For Rodwell I do feel this is a great opportunity, city are light in the middle and a couple of midfielders look likely to be moved on too. Could blossom alongside Yaya and behind Silva and co.

How much of this fee will be reinvested, if any? Your guess is as good as mine. The team definitely needs strengthening before the window shuts.

This ain't good, but what are you gunna do.

He's just put another storey on his house and we can now afford 3 more Tim Cahills, an Arteta and a Lescott.

I think we all knew somebody was going better its Rodwell than baines, jags, or heitinga .

Its all about how we spend this money now .

What does that have to do with anything?
picard-facepalm.jpg

Not happy with this, and not happy with so called Blues attitude towards a massive blue.

We will regret selling Rodwell.

In 2 years time, when he has 20 England caps, few medals, and loads of football undfer his belt, he will be one of the best in the country, and those cheering now, will be crying about how we have been "screwed" and how Rodders fecked us off !!!

How anyone can be upset by this is beyond me?

The lad is one of the most overrated players ever to wear the blue shirt.

How can people say he's got potential? He's been at Everton for four years. If he was ever going to be a top player you would see it a lot more than about the four times in those four years were he's had good games.

He plays like a lost little boy half the time, hiding whenever a pass is on and going sideways.

As someone once said about him "Too much Birkdale, not enough Kirkdale", which is absolutely spot on IMO.

Tell you what though, the way this was announced on Twitter was f*cking ridiculous. I know a few have already said like, but Lewis wants f*cking for this.

agreed, at least some of us knew it was going to be an out because of foxy, thanks again to the fox.

would it have been so hard for everton to have said no, raise it to 18-19 mill, look at jordan henderson. i mean they paid us 24 million for lescott, would it have been too bad for us to have said well we rated jack higher than we did joleon. obviously for all i know maybe city only wanted to pay 8 mill and we haggled it up to the 15ish mark

ha, good joke toffeejack, good joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back