2024/25 Roman Dixon

He’s 19 just gone to be fair mate. I noticed a bit of what you said, but I put it down to PL pace - what’s often not talked about in the step up to PL level is the game moves really fast - faster then any level or any league. Space just gets sucked up and it’s hard to manage when you don’t have the experience and is a huge adaptation.

There was one phase I remember he went to take the ball forward through the centre, he hit it in front in him and was about to turn on the after burners all of a sudden a Spurs player was there - he get away with that at under age but not at PL pace. That I think is the adjustment.

I just realised I made a case for Premier league experience! 😂
You might be right mate, and I hope you are to be honest. But if you take Armstrong as the flip side of that argument, there's been nothing there that's given any red flags as far as his technical ability goes in the v v limited bits we've seen, quite the opposite in fact.

Dunno, like I said he might not need to be Leighton Baines levels of composure and technical ability to make it at the top level, but it would certainly help. My initial impression of him has this down as my one red flag but it might be that it's just experience he needs to enable him to maximise his real attributes and minimise his weaknesses and Kyle Walker is a great example of it.

You might be right mate, and I hope you are to be honest. But if you take Armstrong as the flip side of that argument, there's been nothing there that's given any red flags as far as his technical ability goes in the v v limited bits we've seen, quite the opposite in fact.

Dunno, like I said he might not need to be Leighton Baines levels of composure and technical ability to make it at the top level, but it would certainly help. My initial impression of him has this down as my one red flag but it might be that it's just experience he needs to enable him to maximise his real attributes and minimise his weaknesses and Kyle Walker is a great example of it.
I don’t think it’s ever wise to judge young players too early in any sport. Particularly in a team which is struggling and on the back foot. Some young players adapt quicker than others. Some players who have gone on to to become great players have taken a while to settle early in their careers.

Take on board what you say mate.

I guess when you think about if someone like Coleman technical ability was never great.

….he has the physical attributes to be a full back at this level, very fast, mobile, strong and competitive. We’ll find out if he has the required quality, the ability to keep possession and offer threat in the top third but the defensive side of his game will develop training and playing alongside seasoned professionals like Tarkowski and Coleman.

He has an opportunity at Everton.

Liked what I saw again last night, his pace is surprising, but he only learn his trade and get better by playing, same with all younger players.

He deserves more minutes in the side, but young coming on ahead of him tells you what the manager thinks, so we won’t see much of him under Dyche after the injuries clear up, which is a shame.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.