Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he did try and force a move. Just that no one wanted to spunk 75m on him.
Fair point he did express his desire to play for a "beautiful team" and was a bit disrespectful to us - certainly before the Euro's started but he could have been a lot worse when you consider how some players act trying to force a move. It looks like as soon as the club made it clear he wasn't leaving he got on with it and didn't cause any trouble. It would be nice if he could shut up when on international duty but that's a Belgium thing it appears.

I know you're going to continue with this regardless, but this is a ridiculous exaggeration as I'm sure you're aware and repeating it over and over again won't make it any more true, as much as some people seem to enjoy doing it.

I'm not the only one who says it. He's a liability in terms of our overall team play, and that is no exaggeration, because quite clearly there are other players who would offer much more to our approach play.

Deny that obvious fact all you want if it makes you feel better.

I'm not the only one who says it. He's a liability in terms of our overall team play, and that is no exaggeration, because quite clearly there are other players who would offer much more to our approach play.

Deny that obvious fact all you want if it makes you feel better.

The idea that he offers zero else besides the ability to finish chances is patently not true as I believe his assist/chances created etc stats vs other strikers such as Kane (as well as watching him) suggest. No one would argue he hasn't improved his all-round game and now offers more. The cost to us in him not being great on the ball/with back to goal is often wildly overstated too.

In terms of him being a "liability in terms of our overall team play", even if that were true, he's not responsible for our "overall team play" and shouldn't be. He's a lone striker who's there to convert the service provided to him by, in the main, the 3 players played behind him. That's why we play 3 forwards with him. What's the point in them if we want our lone striker dropping in and playing little triangles with them? I'd rather he kept central and was actually there to finish when required, personally.

He tends to be a liability to our overall play when he stands ten yards offside in the penalty area when we have a chance to cross the ball in and makes little or no effort to get back onside.

he's just had an 11 game barren spell on my sons FIFA 16 manager mode. We got Gabbiadini in on loan, lobbed him up top and the boys bagged a brace and another strike to show Rom how it's done.

My 7 year old says sell Rom, buy Gabbiadini, Ghezzel and Munir

Good start to the season by the team, and Rom hasn't got going yet. Once he gets started (I reckon he'll score on Monday) we'll be flying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back