Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
when kone's not been in the team this season he's left way too isolated. when naismith plays as well for that matter actually. you can say his first touch is bad at times, which is true, but even if it was good we wouldn't get anywhere when he has to pass it backwards 15 yards anyway.

44 goals in 86 starts and 9 substitute appearances.

Still not the finished article and will continue to improve.

Where would we be without him?

amazing for a 21 year old playing in a team which doesn't have a playmaker and for large parts doesn't create an awful lot. we don't even play to his strengths. i'm just sad because i know we'll bring in that playmaker the same window we're forced to sell him.

he's got a healthy assist record as well as just goals.

Some stats that and lets be honest we haven't laid chance after chance on a plate for him either.

It's a superb record that, probably as good as we are as likely to see in a long time..

Edit - also like a lot of strikers it's not like he goes through patches of hitting 2 goals,3 goals, 1 goal and then nothing for ages. His goals tend to come in batches of 1 a game which shows his consistency.

I remember Joe Royle being mighty impressed with Rideout for doing the same thing and saying it's all the more impressive when it's goals coming in ones every other game.

i think martinez has a pretty good eye for a striker tbh.

Love the finger point!

romelu-lukaku_3489173b.jpg
Romelu Lukaku celebrates getting on the scoresheet

Good goal, did very little else. Luckily, he scuffed that shot so badly it came off as a cross for Kone.

Errrr...yeah, there was a one-two with Kone for Kone's first goal, he put pressure on the Sunderland player to ensure the fourth goal, got a great goal himself, and set up Kone for the last one.

But apart from scoring one and creating three...

Do you think he will ever get the chance to spend that kind of money again mate on a striker, as it was a fair whack to splash out. Be great to find a Lukaku every 3 years though mate wouldn't it.

he definitely will. i said when we bought lukaku, we'll get a few years of good service and then sell for twice the price because he is that good. i think stones will eventually go in a couple of seasons as well, for the same reason. They're both players who will easily play for a lot of teams who are CL regulars.

we will have a lot of money in the long run and will have a lukaku shaped hole that needs addressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back