Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not giving him chances?. 20% pass success rate in the first half is a major factor in his no chances. It's like people think we should play with 10 men until we can lay it on a plate for Rom to slot. Lads too heavy at the minute.

20 % pass rate in the first half, only improved when Valencia came on. I'd love to give him a smack hasn't got the attitude or application of a top player which he thinks he is.

Finished up just under 50%.
Not bad imo considering the speculative ball we were feeding him.
Did his best to positively influence the game without ever looking a goal scoring threat.
Don't get me wrong was far from vintage, just a much better effort than Chelsea, Swansea or Saints for me.

Not giving him chances?. 20% pass success rate in the first half is a major factor in his no chances. It's like people think we should play with 10 men until we can lay it on a plate for Rom to slot. Lads too heavy at the minute.

Although they have a point a truly top player would make his own chances by harrassing defenders and making a nuisance of themselves.

People give him the dogs on here yet the play up to him just gets worse and worse each week. At the most all he'd ever be chasing is lost causes and he knows it.

Finished up just under 50%.
Not bad imo considering the speculative ball we were feeding him.
Did his best to positively influence the game without ever looking a goal scoring threat.
Don't get me wrong was far from vintage, just a much better effort than Chelsea, Swansea or Saints for me.
Can't argue with that, he was improved on them games second half but still not good enough for the player he wants to become. Definitely two up top next game

What do you do with Rom? He splits our support like no other....and I can't help that debate...because I get both sides of the argument. Let's do the positives....he's the greatest centre fireworks we've had in over twenty years. A genuine goal scorer who can frighten any defence, his goal record at his age in this league stands up to the closest of scrutiny. The game v Arsenal at home when he played wide was a masterclass, he was unplayable. Again this season at Maine Road, wherever you stand on our Number 10, there are few, if any who could have finished like our Rom.

But, where he does let himself down is his self importance and reckoning of how good is to the team. He points for the pass, half shows and then blames the team mate when it's bounced off him or he's beaten to it. He ain't great with his back to goal, far from brave when it's in the air and doesn't run that far to create space for others. Let's face it, with his Agent and his blessing, he's off and away from Walton as soon as possible. Do I want that? No chance, but let's face facts, his Everton is a stepping stone.

My Everton mean more than that to me. I'd love him to care about us as much as I do...but he's a professional (mercenary) player...and in his head we won't match his ambitions, realistic or not as those may be. So, despite his goals, ability and worldwide name, Big Rom is off to whoever picks up the bill.

Although they have a point a truly top player would make his own chances by harrassing defenders and making a nuisance of themselves.

he's 23 - he isn't that type of player.

He looked far better and got far more involved when we started playing it on the deck (the build up for Kev's chance was great) and then when Valencia came on.

This is how we must start. He has to work harder, but the rest (and Koeman) need to meet the lad half-way.

He scores goals.

Nobody else in our team scores goals as reliably or often as he does.

Get the ball to him in goal-scoring positions.

Get a striker to play alongside him and share the leg-work.

he's 23 - he isn't that type of player.

He looked far better and got far more involved when we started playing it on the deck (the build up for Kev's chance was great) and then when Valencia came on.

This is how we must start. He has to work harder, but the rest (and Koeman) need to meet the lad half-way.

I know he isn't that type of player. That's why he will never be one of the worlds truly top strikers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back