Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Gary Lineker never ran a lot either mate...

That was 30 years ago. Times have changed.

Im not saying he is a bad player or anything far from it. All I am saying is the top players like Ronaldo, Suarez, Messi etc will make things happen for themselves if they are getting no joy from the rest of their team. Lukaku doesnt do that which is why he will never be mentioned alongside the others. Shame really as he has everything else.

That was 30 years ago. Times have changed.

Im not saying he is a bad player or anything far from it. All I am saying is the top players like Ronaldo, Suarez, Messi etc will make things happen for themselves if they are getting no joy from the rest of their team. Lukaku doesnt do that which is why he will never be mentioned alongside the others. Shame really as he has everything else.

It's also utterly inaccurate to say Lineker couldn't hold the ball up or move intelligently.

Agree with your points about Lukaku and other top end strikers - he only has to look at the two players doing his dream gigs currently (Costa and Higuain) to see goal scoring strikers that are also willing to put in the hard yards or do the snide.

Still, I'm a fan of his and think he just needs a clever player alongside him.

He is probably the best goalscorer i have seen in the 20 odd years i have supported everton, but for some reason i just can't stand the fella and think he is abit of a mercenary just interested in personal gain until he gets to a side that can challenge for trophies.
He has a very large ego and i think that has a negative effect on the rest of the team, he is only "mates" with players when it suits him (when they are assisting him). Bolasie started the season on the left and now seems to be getting used on the right were he is much less effective, i reckon Rom has asked for that cos Bolasie was probably cutting inside to much and not creating chances for him.
The whole taking over penaltys from Baines situation is a great example of how he puts himself ahead of the team.
I see all the bad traits mourinho pointed out and a few extra.He will probably go to a much better team and score a shed load of goals because he will start putting abit of effort in. But i for one will be happy with the 70 million we will get for him

The difference between him and Ibrahimovic was clear to all to see. One player was holding the ball up and laying it off and being a nuisance in general. The other was barely making an effort to hold the ball and when he did it was bouncing all over the show.

again that second half showed how desperate he is for support and someone up there with him. The greatest striker we've had in the premierleague era and we expect him to chance long balls.

The difference between him and Ibrahimovic was clear to all to see. One player was holding the ball up and laying it off and being a nuisance in general. The other was barely making an effort to hold the ball and when he did it was bouncing all over the show.

Oh well, let''s just go ahead and buy Zlatan Ibrahimovic then...

Whatever his flaws are, he is the one matchwinner in our team and the one player we have of genuine class. We can either moan about his hold up play, or put someone up front with him and watch him bang them in for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back