Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes not completely sure if it is damning or not for lukakau. Suppose it is what is & what we all know.

play to his strengths & get him working you have a hell of a player don't & he doesn't want to know.
This is my issue with Rom. People on here think he's world-class yet world -class strikers make things happen not wait to be fed tap-ins. I'm not surprised he's last in the distance covered category lad doesn't try a leg.

Yes not completely sure if it is damning or not for lukakau. Suppose it is what is & what we all know.

play to his strengths & get him working you have a hell of a player don't & he doesn't want to know.

He should run more.
But if you look at the quality of some of the hoof passes he gets, it's easy to understand that he doesn't run at all of them and saves some strength for when a good pass might come. :)

Strikers that only excel at making a run and shooting have been struggling to fit into teams ever since Mourinho won his first title playing one up front at Chelsea.

The writing was on the wall when Ferguson got shut of van Nistelrooy in favour of Saha and later Tevez.

Strikers that only excel at making a run and shooting have been struggling to fit into teams ever since Mourinho won his first title playing one up front at Chelsea.

The writing was on the wall when Ferguson got shut of van Nistelrooy in favour of Saha and later Tevez.

Always favoured Van Nistelrooy more than the other two to be honest. I like my strikers to score goals more than anything else. Guess I'm some sort of a relic nowadays .... I also prefer two strikers up front. :)

If he was sold tomorrow I wouldn't be arsed one bit, in fact I would be quite happy..
We will become a better team for it in the long run.. (he really isn't that good honest he's not!!)

Always favoured Van Nistelrooy more than the other two to be honest. I like my strikers to score goals more than anything else. Guess I'm some sort of a relic nowadays .... I also prefer two strikers up front. :)
It was definitely more exciting in the days of two up top, although I think the sudden dominance of English teams in Europe in the mid-late '00s shows that it was a necessary shift.

I think that Lukaku could have had a decorated career in a past era, with a Sheringham/Zola/Cantona backing him up, but as things are he reminds me of a Defoe/Ba-type that doesn't have enough to cut it at the very top.

Reactions: JLW

@MoutsGoat OMG MATE IT's ON!!!! (either that or the writer just got it from here yesterday

Report: CSKA Moscow's Alan Dzagoev attracting interest from Everton and West Ham United

Aiden Cusick
@aidencusick
26 minutes ago

Everton and West Ham United are said to be keen on the midfielder ahead of the January transfer window.

CSKA Moscow's Alan Dzagoev is attracting interest from Everton and West HamUnited ahead of the January transfer window, according to the Daily Mail.

Dzagoev, who is due to face Tottenham Hotspur at Wembley on Wednesday, has expressed a desire to one day play for a 'serious' English club.

http://cdn1-i.[Publication is blacklisted due to spam]-s.com/534/football_soccer_pfc_cska_moscow_v_bayer_leverkusen_uefa_champion_404207.jpg

"I like English Premier League. So to play for a serious English club would be great for me," the midfielder told the Daily Mail when asked of historic interest from Tottenham and Chelsea.

Still only 26, Dzagoev could finally get his wish this winter, with Everton and West Ham both being tipped to add to their midfields.

Manchester United's Morgan Schneiderlin was again linked with a move to Goodison Park this week, while the Hammers are said to be keen on the Frenchman's clubmate Marouane Fellaini on loan.

According to reports, Everton are preparing to make room for new arrivals by making midfield pair James McCarthy and Tom Cleverley available for transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back