Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
He knows and we know not a top side touches him now he's not at that level. PSG or Wolfsburg, team like that.

PSG are ruled out as they are now managed by Emery, who is another manager who is obsessed with pressing the opposition. There really isnt many top clubs that dont play this way so he's struggling for options.

After the Man u performance (on top of the last few where he just hasnt been interested) I want him gone this summer.

Look at you all, trying to convince yourselves that Romelu F'N Lukaku isn't any good so you can all feel better when he inevitably leaves us in the summer, because we're currently cack with no signs of being in the Top 4 anytime soon and he's a CL calibre player, and CL calibre players want to play in the CL

This is why we can't have nice things

Last edited:

Look at you all, trying to convince yourselves that Romelu F'N Lukaku isn't any good so you can all feel better when he inevitably leaves us in the summer, because we're cack and he's a CL calibre player, and CL calibre players don't play for cack sides

If he was CL calibre he'd be playing in the CL. There isn't exactly a shortage of money in the game, so I'm sure someone would have paid the big fee if they felt he was worth it.

Of all the players that I've been told are too good for Everton, none have looked more at home amongst the turds in our squad than he does.

Look at you all, trying to convince yourselves that Romelu F'N Lukaku isn't any good so you can all feel better when he inevitably leaves us in the summer, because we're cack and he's a CL calibre player, and CL calibre players don't play for cack sides

Mikey.
Maybe we expect too much from Lukaku , maybe we expect to carry the team and in truth no one player can do that.
Maybe as a team and a club we are not ready yet to have a player like this in our team. Maybe , we have to evolve before we are ready to do so.
Whatever the reason, it isn't working for Lukaku in the team at the moment. I only got to watch the game on SKY and sometimes television can give a distorted view of how a player is playing in a game. However, it seems to me watching the game that it was only after we drew level that we saw Lukaku putting himself about and starting to bully defenders. I saw very little of that beforehand and that is nothing to do with ability, but rather a lack of effort.

I think we should remember back to last season, particularly before Christmas when Lukaku was at his best, he had Kone with him in the team for a lot of the time. Maybe he is not best suited to the lone striker role. I was impressed with Valencia last Sunday and I think he is deserving of a chance in the team, specially now with the absence of Bolasie.

Above all , the thing that makes me positive about Koeman is that I think he is raising the bar on the level of expectancy for the whole club. These expectations have not been delivered on to date, but hopefully will in the future. In spie of the praise lavished on Lukaku be Koeman I am not convinced that he is the kind of striker that Koeman really likes. I think Lukaku will always be a streaky player, brilliant for a month, then marked absent for a while.

Reactions: JLW

If direct football (read that as hoofball) is the preferred style of our manager we need to sell Rom ASAP and get in players that can play that style effectively.

Rom is an incredible talent at many things, but he is a terribly gash target man. His value will plummet if lumping the ball to him is the preferred strategy.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...verton-striker-romelu-lukaku-another-12287530

Romelu Lukaku admitted that an English club came very close to the Belgian’s signature last summer, but the Blues scuppered any potential move. The 23-year-old was subjected to a lot of transfer speculation during the window, and Lukaku revealed there was one club who were keen to sign him.

But he also didn’t rule out any potential transfers in the future. If he achieves his dream of winning the Premier League, he said he would like to explore the options of playing in other leagues. “I would not say no to Serie A, La Liga, Ligue 1 or the Bundesliga, but before such a move several conditions need to be met. “First I need a coach to work with who believes in me as there is no point in signing for someone and then realise on the spot that the system is not designed for me.

Doesn't read too well for the manager that.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...verton-striker-romelu-lukaku-another-12287530

Romelu Lukaku admitted that an English club came very close to the Belgian’s signature last summer, but the Blues scuppered any potential move. The 23-year-old was subjected to a lot of transfer speculation during the window, and Lukaku revealed there was one club who were keen to sign him.

But he also didn’t rule out any potential transfers in the future. If he achieves his dream of winning the Premier League, he said he would like to explore the options of playing in other leagues. “I would not say no to Serie A, La Liga, Ligue 1 or the Bundesliga, but before such a move several conditions need to be met. “First I need a coach to work with who believes in me as there is no point in signing for someone and then realise on the spot that the system is not designed for me.

Doesn't read too well for the manager that.

We know Dave, you would rather lose Koeman than Lukaku.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back