Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. His goals are obviously welcomed but I believe they come at a price of fewer goals elsewhere among the team. We play as if he is the only one allowed or capable of scoring. Makes us very easy to play against.
Problem we have is nobody else is capable of scoring, we don't even look like scoring

The Champions League argument annoys me, because what's the point in playing in it, if you can't win it? For the six games or so, before having to qualify for it and do the same thing all again. Unless he's good enough for one of the best teams in the world?
Reckon we opt out the prem then, with a host of other clubs

I wouldn't disagree, but this fella is far better than anything we have had in the last 25 years.
Just because he doesn't close down players doesn't make him rubbish
Again who says he's rubbish mate,your reading something that isn't there.

I have never said he was a marquee signing for the likes of Bayern Munich
My point is that for us he has been the best we have seen for 25 years, but because he doesn't close down he is useless
At the prices that people on here quote, he would be.

My point is more that those clubs don't grade on a curve, and so aren't likely consider how he matches up against the dross that has turned out for Everton in the Premier League era when it comes to determining his value.

Problem we have is nobody else is capable of scoring, we don't even look like scoring

It's incredible how some people put the blame on him of nobody else in the team scoring.
So if big bad Romelu leaves, all the other players can finally start playing football and scoring like there's no tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back