Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
if we did.....April and May will be very interesting months. We can't score or create goals, take away the only one who regularly scores them and we'd have big issues. We won't be able to sign a decent replacement in January

We'd still stay up with Niasse up front. The league is that bad.

That said, we won't sell in January unless stupid money is offered. I think he's gone for around £50m in the summer to the dumbest rich club we can find.

That said, we won't sell in January unless stupid money is offered. I think he's gone for around £50m in the summer to the dumbest rich club we can find.

Bonjour Paris. Vous les lézards français crédules, faites ce clown courir les canaux pour le reste de sa vie. S'il vous plaît.

I think we'd get the money we want for him if we wanted to sell. In a half decent team, playing regularly he guarantees 25+ goals a season and there aren't many players that can do that. My problem with Rom is, despite his incredible goal scoring record he isn't a very good footballer and his lack of ability when holding the ball up to bring others in hinders our attack more often than not. Those beautiful elite teams he keeps telling us want him demand more from their strikers - just look at the shift Costa puts in each game. I also have a problem with his attitude, constantly talking about staying in the summer like he was doing us a favour for old times sake (instead of accepting he was gash at the Euros and no-one actually wanted him).

Obviously i'd rather he signed a new contract and we built the team around him for the next 3-4 years but that's not going to happen.
He's the best goal scorer I've seen in the Blue shirt since Lineker and i doubt we'll get another one like him for a long time, but i do think if/when he leaves we can bring in 3-4 players who combined can share the load of his goals and offer more movement/pressing upfront to bring our midfield in to play more and improve the team overall.

I think we'd get the money we want for him if we wanted to sell. In a half decent team, playing regularly he guarantees 25+ goals a season and there aren't many players that can do that. My problem with Rom is, despite his incredible goal scoring record he isn't a very good footballer and his lack of ability when holding the ball up to bring others in hinders our attack more often than not. Those beautiful elite teams he keeps telling us want him demand more from their strikers - just look at the shift Costa puts in each game. I also have a problem with his attitude, constantly talking about staying in the summer like he was doing us a favour for old times sake (instead of accepting he was gash at the Euros and no-one actually wanted him).

Obviously i'd rather he signed a new contract and we built the team around him for the next 3-4 years but that's not going to happen.
He's the best goal scorer I've seen in the Blue shirt since Lineker and i doubt we'll get another one like him for a long time, but i do think if/when he leaves we can bring in 3-4 players who combined can share the load of his goals and offer more movement/pressing upfront to bring our midfield in to play more and improve the team overall.

Agreed, since so many chances break down from him, and despite all his goals, its entirely feasible that with a striker that only scores half his goals, as a team we would score more overall and win more games because of it.

Its also entirely feasibly that we struggle to score any of course.

Can't wait to hear what he comes out with when big Mino gets legged by the clubs that he'll be cold calling between now and the summer.

He'll be giving Everton one more year until he's 30.

Agreed, since so many chances break down from him, and despite all his goals, its entirely feasible that with a striker that only scores half his goals, as a team we would score more overall and win more games because of it.

Its also entirely feasibly that we struggle to score any of course.
nature of the beast my friend.

Straq was [Poor language removed] that a bit different and no one is pulling him to pieces and when he goes Everton won't stop,and there is nothing good at the moment,a and this is the fellow who downed tools back end of last season.
I wouldn't disagree, but this fella is far better than anything we have had in the last 25 years.
Just because he doesn't close down players doesn't make him rubbish

His league record is good - similar scoring rate to Benteke/Giroud - but nothing out of this world. If I were a fan of a top side, I wouldn't be too excited at the prospect of Lukaku coming in as a marquee signing.
I have never said he was a marquee signing for the likes of Bayern Munich
My point is that for us he has been the best we have seen for 25 years, but because he doesn't close down he is useless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back