Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
flat,1000x1000,075,f.u7.jpg

He thinks he is one of the best young players in the world when in reality he's just a bang average PL player.
Perhaps in general play yes - but in goal scoring his ratio in a average mid table team is 1/2 which makes him critical in a rare quality. If playing for an Arsenal etc he would be arguably top marksman.

There is no way Chelsea spend 60m on him when they have Costa and Batshuayi

Spurs wouldn't drop that amount of cash on someone to sit on the bench behind Kane

So who's left, PSG possibly, If they don't go after a massive name

Nice problem to have imo.

Koeman gets the side playing to his strength, bags a bundle of goals, no one wants/can afford him. Ace.

I don't know what to make of the guy

Every word I've ever read from him screams he wants to get away, his body language and interaction with the crowd seems like he is not happy, yet he scores 20 goals a season nailed on.

Then he goes and signs a contract extension.

I just can't read him at all.
Probably another instance of Raiola cold calling clubs and getting laughed at.

'This great man once finished fourth in the PL goal chart. What has Robert Lewandowski ever done?!'

Perhaps in general play yes - but in goal scoring his ratio in a average mid table team is 1/2 which makes him critical in a rare quality. If playing for an Arsenal etc he would be arguably top marksman.

This is the argument I dont get, people think he could move to a side that creates lots of chances, as Arsenal do and would be awesome. That wont happen as technically they are all excellent and their movement is fantastic - Rom would hinder more than help, too many moves would break down around him.

If we sign some actual footballers to play with Rom he'd be banging in 30 a year, NEA. What he lacks in overall play he makes up for in putting it in the back of the net constantly. If we played more than 1 through ball every 5 games I can't imagine how many he'd score for us.

and put someone up top with him who can actually hold the ball up. He's a boss slotter, so have him just slotting. He ruins any build up play we have so get him up the pitch away from that and in the box.

Theres about ten players who arent good enough and the majority of them are never targetted with the stick Romelu gets.

This lad is two goals behind a fraud that was worshipped in half the games. He's absolutely boss.

Why not sign in the summer if the contract was available? He thought he'd have Europe's top clubs killing themselves to sign him, when in reality they are all looking everywhere but at him. Yes he scores goals but to play the top you have to have the technical skills to go with it - he hasnt.

The club need to make a decision, build a team around him (get a capable and proven creative mid, at the very least), or cash in and replace him with an unknown quantity, and build the team from the ground up, As much as Rom drives me insane with his ping pong legs and his lack of aggressive passion for the team (eyeing up greener grass else where), I would sooner keep the lad, at least one more season, and try and see what he can do with a proven number 10 supplying him. Maybe he could become a top marksman for us, rather than one of our rivals.

This is the argument I dont get, people think he could move to a side that creates lots of chances, as Arsenal do and would be awesome. That wont happen as technically they are all excellent and their movement is fantastic - Rom would hinder more than help, too many moves would break down around him.
Play the ball in front of him and service him properly and he gets 30 goals a season. He is not a target man.

Theres about ten players who arent good enough and the majority of them are never targetted with the stick Romelu gets.

This lad is two goals behind a fraud that was worshipped in half the games. He's absolutely boss.

Can you honestly say you are happy with his current contribution? The fact that he's covered less ground than every other outfield player in the league (including Bony who doesnt move) is ok? His sole contribution is goals and moaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back