Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
But why would the club do that? Point of a new contract in this situation is surely to protect the club and compensate the player - the club gets the higher release fee, the player gets the higher wage.

Otherwise we'd just be paying him more money for literally nothing.

Stop him throwing the dummy out when we wont budge on £70million.

£50-60mill is a decent number. Guaranteed money rather than an upset player sat on the bench earning loads not doing anything, hoping we lower the fee

This is the argument I dont get, people think he could move to a side that creates lots of chances, as Arsenal do and would be awesome. That wont happen as technically they are all excellent and their movement is fantastic - Rom would hinder more than help, too many moves would break down around him.

This.

Also his movement is poor. He doesnt have a clue where to run. He's brainless just like Ross.

This new contract just to keep the fee in the summer high yeah?
The cynic in me would say that it's the most likely scenario, or at least a protective measure to ensure they get the best price for him.

I'm sure the board would love to keep Rom in the long term and a new deal may help secure this, however it's not the most likely scenario.

I never thought we would be able to get him to re-sign, but he needs to get his motivation back. Surround him with better players and maybe we will see him put the effort in.

his body language and interaction with the crowd seems like he is not happy

Don't agree with you there, even yesterday before the game he was encouraging the crowd. Also throughout the Arsenal and Liverpool games he was telling players were to move too and asking them to pick up players.

I feel like the lazy thing is a bit unfair. He makes run after run and doesn't receive the ball or support. Henry said that any striker who makes a run 3/4 times and doesn't get the ball thinks twice about running the next time.

Also, his recent quotes about Koeman's style of play and how players need to work harder suggests that he is buying into what RK is trying to do.

there is no doubt he has areas to improve but there is not a chance we could attract another 20 goal a season striker if he left
I agree with this. Rom is poor without the right kind of support (occasionally thrives regardless). He is still a very good player that you can build around. Get some creative players and we will compete for top 4. If we keep making crap signings, he will look like a crap player.

Lukaku is getting practically no service and despite that his 9 goals this season in league ! His putting in a shift but there's fans on here who expect him to run non stop for whole game alone against the opposition back 4 or 5 and keeper with his team mates 50 feet behind him taking a breather :-( He makes runs and never receives the ball or our player who is passing it takes 10 minutes to realise his gone offside :-( In the Barkley thread theres people saying its his fault Barkley is crap? People are on his back due to his price and how he says stuff in media in his country etc but if it was'nt for him for past 2 years we'd probably been relegated :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back